This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Friday, August 5, 2011

Lake Wikkiup: Like Heaven!

Eric and I packed up the camper and the quads and went up to the high lakes of Oregon.
Wow, what a beautiful drive it is up there.
Oregon is so beautiful and us Oregonians can sometimes take it all for granted. We're just so used to it all around us and most of the time when we drive to go on vacation and drive by all of this beauty, we almost don't even notice it or appreciate it.
For example, we have these amazing tunnels that go right through the mountains! Isn't this cool! We have several of these around Oregon. I have driven through these tunnels since I was a little girl and sometimes we don't even notice them, but truthfully, they are pretty much always secretly exciting to me! We always honk our horn when we drive through them; other people like to lift there legs up or hold their breath and make a wish while driving through them!
We have tons and tons and tons of trees! We also have beautiful snow capped mountains. Oregon is truly a beautiful state!
Yea! We're finally to Lake Wikkiup! This is our new home for a few days. Our friends, Vick and Debbie and their two daughters are already here.
Isn't it gorgeous!
Here's our view from the camper! We got lakeside spots and it is just so breathtakingly beautiful and so relaxing!
We brought the quads and we're go'n ride'n!
As soon as we get to camp we start unloading and creating our new home. We both have lots of work to do and then once we are done.....
It's time to relax by the lake!
I'm drinking sparkling water and just soaking in the sun!
I believe this is the first time since our honeymoon that we have camped without our kids.
It's actually quite fun and a nice little bonus is that the camper is staying clean! Actually, I love it when the family comes along and two of the boys will be joining us tomorrow, but it's really fun for Eric and I to get this second honeymoon in our life.
If you have been reading my blog for very long, you know that I have struggled a bit with empty nest syndrome and the fact that my kids are all grown up and favorite role in my life, "Mommy" is ending. It hasn't always been sad, but it comes and goes and it is mixed with other good emotions such as pride and joy in our four incredible sons. It definitely has been a journey for me.
It has been such a blessing to spend more alone time with my amazing husband and having the freedom to just take off and go do what we want and have tons of fun with less responsibility.
Woot whoo! Let's go ride'n
Eric is so cute. He wanted Blondie to go with us, so he built her that box and put an old rug inside so she can kind of hold on with her paws. It worked and she stayed on, but our friend's taught us to just let  her run along side us; that the dogs keep up just fine and they LOVE it! So he let her down and they were right. She absolutely loved it and she got such great exercise!
Oh my gosh, you want me to take my quad through that! No way! I was so scared! I was third in line to go. First Vick and Hannah went through and then Debbie and Heidi and then it was my turn. I just kept thinking, if they got through it so could I. They told me to put my feet up and gun it! So I did and I made it through. It was actually quite thrilling!
Now I'm on the other side and watching Eric get through it!
Oh my goodness, it looks like he might tip over! Be careful honey!
Look at Blondie, she's running right along side him! She's such a great dog!
Awesome Eric! You did it! We both did it! Go us!!!
I am having the time of my life!
We rode a long ways out to the beach.
It was so beautiful!
It was so fun!!!
See, I'm telling you, Oregon is so gorgeous!
Instead of "Where's Waldo" let's play "Where's the toad?" Can you see him there? Click to enlarge to find him.
They are so tiny and cute!
I have always loved little frogs and toads and these little guys were EVERYWHERE! We especially saw them all over the trails we were riding on. They were constantly jumping all over the place.
We sat a bit in the shade and visiting a bit.
These are our good friends, Vick and Debbie and their two daughters, Hannah and Heidi.
Ginger and Blondie are sharing a little moment!
Eric and Sharon, still having fun after 29 years of marriage!
Hi Honey!
We had to get back through that deep mud hole and Eric got my picture! I'm a crazy mama for sure!
We're back at camp and ready to have some dinner.
I love the lake at this time of night.
One of my favorite parts of camping is sitting in the sun, relaxing and reading magazines.
Here's to camping!!!!
The sun is starting to set.
The reflection on the lake is spectacular!
Our lakeside view!
Eric's playing in the fire with our new toy!
Our friend, Dennis, made us a branding iron with our initials on it! He said he wanted to give us a little gift because we were always so good to his son, Colin, who is our oldest son's best friend. Colin was at our house a lot when they were young and we love him like a 5th son!
E+S = Eric plus Sharon! The timing of this gift was perfect as this is our wedding anniversary weekend!
Wow, look at the reflection of the sun set and trees on the lake. Simply gorgeous! Thank you, God, for all of your creative beauty you made for us!
I LOVE this place!!! I am having so much fun!
Time to get cozy by the fire! See you tomorrow!

"O LORD, our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! Who hast set Thy glory above the heavens. When I consider thy heavens and look at the night sky at the work of Thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which Thou hast set in place. O LORD our Lord, how excellent is Thy name in all the earth!" Psalm 8:3,9

Hugs, Sharon

3 comments:

Kathi said...

Sharon, It's absolutely fabulous!! What a beautiful place and so restful. I'm so happy you were able to post today. Love ya, Kathi

Sue said...

fun read, enjoyed, thanks for sharing.
Sue

Walking on Sunshine... said...

That was beautiful! Loved all the pictures and reading about your anniversary. Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...