This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Thursday, September 22, 2011

I'm tired.....

I'm tired! I've just been go, go, go lately and I'm feeling it. I just have too much going on with family gatherings, birthdays, work, football, friends, etc. I am taking a week off in October and I am doing nothing but getting caught up on my work around my house and some of the projects I'd like to do. How can I be busier now that my kids are all grown than I was when they were little? It seems crazy, but it's true.  In the next week I am giving birthday dinner for Hayden, attending a ladies' lunch by the river with friends, going to two of Hayden's football games, attending a baptism, attending a graduation party, attending a UofO tailgate party, attending a wedding shower, hosting a big barbecue for the whole football team and coaches here at my house, helping Hayden with what he needs to do to go to homecoming and attending a wedding. Plus, I will be working 24 hours in between. Whew...I need a break!

Yesterday was my day off and I got up at 5:00 with my husband and got him off to work, did my Bible study, walked for an hour with my neighbor, cleaned the house, made dentist appointments, met Eric at an assisted living home to check it out for his mother, then we went to his parents to visit them, ran to the dollar store, ran to the grocery store, popped in a thrift store, picked up an order at JC Penny's and did a little shopping, came home and made dinner, made Eric's lunch for tomorrow, made two pudding pies for Hayden's birthday, helped Hayden get through a girl-drama-crisis thing, spent time advising another son and mended some slacks for work.

I miss the days of being a full-time housewife.

"He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak." Isaiah 40:29

Have a blessed day, 


Sharon

2 comments:

Sue said...

WHEW!! Sharon I am tired just by reading your schedule,, and I thought when the kids were grown I would have more time too, but I still cannot fit my schedule into my days.
My dh says a busy person is a happy person so you and I must be real happy. ~lol~
As always a joy to visit.
Sue

Kathi said...

Wow! You do a lot!! You deserve a break!! Take care Honey. Love ya, Kathi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...