This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Saturday, October 1, 2011

I'll be your huckleberry...

 Haha! For those of you that don't know, that's a funny line that Val Kilmer says from the movie  "Tombstone".  The reason I named my post that is that Eric and I took the quads out to a really fun place called Huckleberry Hill and it was romantic and fun! Tombstone is one of Eric's favorite movies and we love the way the Val Kilmer, who plays Doc Holliday, says huckleberry throughout the movie and we say it to each other now and again.
 First we had to stop and gas up the quads and guess who our very friendly and helpful attendant was?
 It's our #4 son, Hayden! Thank's Hayden!
 This quadding thing is a brand new thing to us, so it's really an exciting adventure for us!
Unfortunately, one of the quads would not start because we accidentally left the key in it last time we used it and it drained the battery.
I'm so thankful for Eric. He knew exactly what was wrong and how to fix it!
I look like a tough chick in this picture! haha!
We were by ourselves and we did not know where the trails were. Eric was reading the bulletin boards trying to figure it out. They had a place for maps, but they were out of them.
There was a nice man there who gave us his map and he showed Eric where we should go.
Okay honey, lets go!
We drove out on the logging road up to the trail heads.
We stopped and got our bearings.
I am loving hanging out with my husband and I love riding the quad!
Okay, this is the place the guy told us to go.
Trail 114 ~ Easiest! Those are the words I wanted to read!
So far, so good! It is indeed pretty easy.
It was dusty, but not nearly as dusty as the other place we went to a few weeks ago.
Eric stopped to point this out to me. It's an old railroad trestle. It's hard to believe that there was a whole bridge here at one point and that the train rain all the way up the mountain!
After we rode for a little while we stopped for lunch.
We had a delightful picnic in the grass!
I packed meats, cheeses, olives and crackers. It was delicious.
Eric studied the map again.
I'm enjoying relaxing in the sun.
I feel like we've been on our second honeymoon this summer. We have been having a lot of little get-aways all alone and it's been so fun! Moments like these are definitely the good side of having an empty nest!
Mmmm! That was delicious, we better get back on the road!
What a fun picnic we had!
Let's head back home!
What a fun day together!
I'll follow you anywhere honey! You are my huckleberry!

"In his heart a man plans his course, but the Lord determines his steps." Proverbs 16:9

Hugs, Sharon

2 comments:

Mardell said...

Hi Sharon,
Wow, that looks really fun! I love seeing you two enjoying your little get-aways. So romantic and sweet. LOVE the picnic pictures! Do you set a timer on your camera?

Have a wonderful weekend! :o)

Kathi said...

What a fun and romantic time together Sharon!! It's awesome!! K.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...