This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Thursday, September 1, 2011

A few thrift store finds...

Just wanted to share with you a few of my new thrift store finds.
First is this awesome old nesting hen trinket box that I found for $1.00! I love the old pottery with the drippy glaze, especially in the pretty burgundy color!
I also found this amazing salt and pepper set!
They're tall, square and black. They look like they're from the depression era, but they are reproduction.
They have these cool handles built in! I paid $3.99 for the set.
While we're in this corner of the kitchen, I wanted to show you these two neat pictures. I've had them for awhile and found them at thrift stores, but I don't remember how much I paid for them.
They're pretty famous paintings, but I don't know anything about them. I love how the artist depicts people working hard out in the fields and often times they are giving thanks to God. If any of you have information on the artist, I would love to know! I think I might start collecting them.
Lastly, I found these super cute tartan plaid rubber boots!
I fell in love with them when I first spotted them at the Goodwill!
I paid $5.99 hoping it was a good deal. They were definitely an impulse purchase!
When I got home I googled them and found out that Target sells them for $16.48. So, no, I did not get a fantastic deal, but I saved about ten bucks!
Plus, they're perfect for riding!

"I will extol the Lord at all times; His praise will always be on my lips." Psalm 34:1

Hugs, Sharon

4 comments:

adsgram said...

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:V2773z-EZjkJ:www.st-andrews.ac.uk/~waste/timeline/story-pic1.html+the+gleaners&cd=7&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us&client=firefox-a&source=www.google.com

Sharon, If this link doesn't work just Google "The Gleaners"

Lynne

Sue said...

Great finds Sharon, my favorite the boots. and the prints are old my mom has both in her home. Enjoy your Labor Day weekend.
Sue

Rose of Sharon said...

Thank you, Lynne, for the info. I checked it out and found out the artist's name is Jean-Francois Millet and he has done some great work. I definately want to start collecting them!

Happy weekend to you!

Thank you Sue! I hope you have a great Labor day weekend too!

Hugs, Sharon

Kathi said...

Sharon, You always find the coolest and cutest things. Happy weekend. Love, Kathi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...