This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Countryside transferware plates...

I finally found a set of transferware dishes at a thrift store! I seem to always find them one at a time and have never had a complete set......until now! Well, it's not a complete set, but almost!
These are made by Nasco and are called Countryside. Nasco is not a fancy company, in fact, correct me if I am wrong, but I do believe they were made cheaply for the masses and probably sold at dime stores.
I love the quaint countryside scene they depict.
I found five dinner plates....
...and five bread/dessert plates...
...and two tea saucers. I wasn't sure if I should get them or not since there were only two of them and there were not any of the tea cups, but I went ahead and bought them so I could use them for the extra dessert plates, or if I am serving a dinner for two for just Eric and I we will have the saucers. Maybe someday I will find the more saucers with the matching teacups.
I found two vegetable bowls...
...and six salad bowls!

I was excited to find the creamer as well!

I love the detail on the handle.
I am thrilled with my new set of dishes! It will also be fun to be on the look-out for the extra pieces to complete my set. I think I will be able to make a really pretty table-setting with these, especially for fall!
I looked them up on Replacements.com and found out that the dinner plate is going for $13.99 each, the bread and butter plates are $6.99 each, the fruit/dessert bowls are $6.00 each and the creamer was selling for $17.99! I would never pay that much for them, but it's fun to find out what they are worth. I estimate that if I purchased all of the above dishes through Replacements.com I would have paid about $179.84 plus shipping and handling!

Do you want to know how much I paid for them?

I found them at St. Vincent De Paul and each piece was marked separately ranging from $0.99  to $2.99 each totaling just $34.51, which is a really great deal compared to the on-line price. But, do you want to know what the extra blessing was? They had yellow tags on them and all yellow tagged items in the store that day were 50% off, so I only paid $17.25 for all of them! I got all of them for the price of what the creamer would be if I bought it online! Score!!!

Thank you Lord for this blessing!

"I will praise You, O Lord, with all my heart. I will tell of all Your wonders. I will be glad and rejoice in You. I will sing praise to Your name, O Most High." Psalm 9:1-2

Hugs, Sharon

3 comments:

Mardell said...

Wow!! Good for you Sharon! What a lovely dish set. I've never seen them before. Do you know what year they were made? I can definitely see you making an awesome table setting w/those. Good score. :o)

Have a great day!

Shelley said...

Beautiful and so nice for fall...great find. Blessings

Kathi's News & The Fishwrap said...

Sharon, these are lovely dishes. I have never seen them before. I'm so happy for you that you found them and for such a great deal. Hugs, Kathi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...