This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Chicken and Eggplant Parmesan

I recently purchased some eggplants to cook at the recommendation from my sister, Kathi. I have ordered eggplant parmesan from restaurants before and loved it, and have wanted to make it for some time now, so I finally decided to try to make it.
I didn't have any recipes for it, so I searched the internet and picked this one (click on picture to enlarge). I like it when they say fast and easy!
First you slice up the eggplant.
Then you place the sliced eggplant on a greased cookie sheet and sprinkle with salt, pepper and olive oil. Place them in the oven on broil for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large nonstick frying pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat and place about three chicken breasts inside. Season with salt and pepper.
Brown the chicken for about two minutes on each side until partially cooked. Remove from heat and slice the chicken into 1/4 inch strips.
Check the eggplant after five minutes...
.....and flip them and broil for another five minutes.
Grease a 9x9 baking dish. Put one third of the eggplant in a single layer in the dish.
Top with one half of the chicken.
Then add half of the tomatoes.
The recipe called for mozzarella cheese, which I didn't have....
....so I substituted it with Swiss cheese.
I cut it in squares and laid it on top.
Then I sprinkled it with fresh Parmesan.
The recipe called for fresh basil and I didn't have any, so I sprinkled on dried basil.
Add another layer of eggplant slices....
....chicken....
...tomatoes....
....and the cheeses. Top with remaining eggplant and sprinkle with more Parmesan.
Drizzle a little olive oil on top.
Bake uncovered at 425 for 20 minutes.
Let stand for 5 minutes.
And serve!
Doesn't it look delicious!
It turned out soooo good!
 I think next time I will use fresh tomatoes and basil; I used canned stewed tomatoes and the dish was pretty runny. It was delicious though! I will definitely be making this recipe again!

"Dear children let us not love with words or tongue but with action and in truth." 1 John 3:18 


Hugs, Sharon

2 comments:

Kathi's News & The Fishwrap said...

Wow, this looks wonderful Sharon. Thank you for the recipe! Kathi

Mardell said...

Looks amazing & what a great tute. I have never had eggplant anything (can you believe it?) However, this makes me want to try it. Thanks Sharon.

Hope you're having a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...