This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Monday, September 26, 2011

Cabbage rose mantle picture...

Do you like my new mantle picture?
I'm so excited about it! I've been looking for a vintage picture of old fashioned cabbage roses for above the fireplace for a long time now and I finally found this one!
The extra bonus was that I found it at Goodwill for only $5.99!
I couldn't believe it when I found it nestled in the middle of a stack of dusty old pictures, and that the price was so amazing!
Believe me when I say that I did not hesitate in grabbing it and putting it in my cart! It was love at first site!
It even has one of those little brass plaques attached to the front of the frame and it's called, "Fragrance in Bloom".
I love this sweet little plump bird sitting amongst the roses. What a blessing for me to finally find one of these pictures!
While we're here looking at the picture, I'll show you the rest of the things on our fireplace mantle.
I found this Victorian-looking bust of a young lady at a thrift store. I also found a matching one of a young man too and only paid $5.00 for the pair!
I love these two beautiful marble-based candlesticks.
They didn't come with the hanging crystals, so I simply just added those myself. I love the drippy, glamourous look!
I would say my style is romantic country French.
I love to mix old things with whimsical things like bunnies and chickens.
I'm an antique book addict and I display them throughout the house.
They add such a warm feel to a room. I placed a small stack of them on both ends of the mantle. I have different reasons for buying them, usually it's their outer beauty with colors and fonts and also their titles. I love it when there is a picture on the front. The truth is though, I rarely read these old books, I just like the way they look. The only exception to that is when I find a neat old devotional book about God, I do love to read those!
The little votives give off a warm glow.
Instead of putting tapper candles in these candle sticks, I set these beautiful lamp globes on top.
There was one little problem though, the hole in the bottom was too big and the tea lights slipped through when I would pull out the globe to light the candle, so it was very difficult to light them.
My answer to this little problem? I simply put a piece of duct tape across the bottom and it sealed up the hole! So now when I remove the globe to light my tea lights, they don't fall out!
And what kind of a mantle would it be without a mantle clock? This is a no nonsense, cheaply made clock that I found at Goodwill. Someday I would love to find a really beautiful, ornate antique clock to place here. For some reason, clocks have been a very special thing in homes and families would pass them down from generation to generation, and I would like to do this as well. I would love to find a clock that my husband and I pick together that would become our heirloom clock that we can pass down to our kids. I wish we would have gotten one when we were newlyweds and our kids would have remembered it in our home all these years. Oh well, we missed the boat on that one.
I am so thrilled with my new picture! I just love the look and feel of it!

"Learn from the way the wild flowers grow. They do not work or spin. But I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was clothed like one of them." Matthew 6:28-29

Hugs, Sharon

1 comment:

Kathi said...

Sharon, I love love love your cabbage picture. I want one. Your decorating is so much like what I'd like to do. I like mixing older classic things with whimsy, like rabbits. Very nice!! Kathi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...