This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

We have company!

This is my husband Eric and his good friend, Mike.
They have been really good friends since they were in middle school! Mike and his wife came to Oregon to visit and in the beginning of their vacation him and his wife, Rhochelle, went different directions. He came and stayed with us for five days so him and Eric could do a little fishing and play a little golf and she went to the coast to visit her sisters.
The day after I came home from my Sunriver trip with the BAG Ladies we had Mike and Rhochelle over for a barbecue with the family.
Here's Mike and his darling wife, Rhochelle.
Rhochelle and I have been friends for at least 30 years. We met through the guys and we all got married the same year.
Here's Mackenzie, Brittany and Cameron. Hayden could not be with us because he was at football camp.
The happy couple, Grayson and Rachelle. This is the first time they've been with the family since they reunited. We were all happy!
Me with my beautiful daughter-in-law, Brittany.
The girls, Rachelle, Brittany and Rhochelle.
Cameron and Grayson.
Mackenzie and Brittany.
Eric and I.
We had a delicious meal of barbecued salmon, baked homemade Jo Jo's, and green salad. It was wonderful! Good food and good friends, just hanging out on the deck on a summer evening...priceless!

You know, I must confess, when my husband called me while I was at Sunriver and said he wanted to have this barbecue the evening after I got home, I was really stressed about it and kind of felt like not doing it. I knew we wouldn't be home from our trip until about 7:00 Saturday night and I had to unpack and I had a ton of thrift store treasures to put away. I also was faced with a house that had been run strictly by men the passed 4 days, so I knew it was going to be messy and dirty. I knew I was going to have a huge day on Sunday to get the house ready for this meal and then on top of it cook the meal! I really wanted to see our friends, but I was stressed too.

Some of my BAG Lady friends felt that it was asking too much for me to do that at such a short notice, but then I got good advice from one of them. She said that she would do it if it were her. She went on to say that isn't life all about relationships and one purpose we are here is to cultivate our relationships? That really got me thinking and I totally agreed with her. In retrospect, I am so glad we did it! It was really a great evening and it was so wonderful to catch up with our old dear friends. I don't want to be a person who can't throw things together for my friends and family at the last minute. I want to be a Mary, not a Martha.
Here's the kitten trying to climb the tree with Mackenzie and Blondie watching closely.
Mackenzie, Cameron and Grayson decided they would climb the tree too! You can't see Mackenzie, but he's standing behind Grayson. I like how this picture turned out.
Cameron was bragging that he's allowed to sit in Dad's chair. All the while Eric decided to try and take Grayson's seat and Mackenzie started helping.
My nutty family!
Eric and Mike had a great visit together the few days he stayed with us and we had a wonderful barbecue dinner with our good friends. 

"Oh taste and see that the Lord is good; happy are those who take refuge in Him." Psalm 34:8

Hugs, Sharon

1 comment:

Jan said...

What wise friends you have! Yes, it was asking a lot...but I don't think Eric would have asked you if he was not confident in your ability to pull it all together,and yes, life is all about our relationships, with The Lord, and with those in our lives.

I am confident that you did a great job!

Jan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...