This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Friday, August 12, 2011

Treasure box....

I recently found this new small treasure box while shopping at Goodwill with my sister, Kathi.
I think it's so pretty.
I love the old fashioned cabbage roses with the sweet bird on the front.
It's very good quality and well-made.
I like the handle and the little feet on it.
It was only $3.99 at Goodwill!
I was excited to find the new box because it is almost identical to this box that I have sitting in our family room.
We use it to hold our remote controls. This older one has a different shape to it, which I do like better, but it is really beat up and one of the hinges on the back has fallen off. I am sad that the picture on the front is getting ruined too, so I am happy that I found a replacement! A few years ago I did learn something interesting about this box.
This is Fran. She is the mother of my sister-in-law's husband. She joined us for Easter dinner two years ago and she told me a very special story about this box.

When she first saw it at my house she lit up and said, "I have one just like this! When I was just 16 years old my boyfriend gave it to me for Valentine's Day and it was filled with one pound of chocolate candies!"

I was so interested in her story and so happy to hear it. She went on to say that they eventually married and they were married for 41 years! I was so thrilled to hear a little of the history behind the box and it's so neat that it's a love story too!
Apparently, Elayne Boyle owned my old box back in 1944, she even etched her name into it.
I wonder if here sweetheart gave it to her for Valentine's Day as well.
Well, old remote control box, you have served us well, but it's time for you to retire. I will put you on a quiet bookshelf where you will be used less and you will be safe from any further deterioration.
Let's make room for the new improved remote control box.
It actually is a little bit bigger and will hold more junk, which is a good thing because when I find small things laying around I always throw it in this box.
I am really happy about this new find! It's a good thing!

"I am the Lord your God and I never change." Malachi 3:6

Hugs, Sharon

2 comments:

Kathi said...

Your box is so pretty. I did not get a good look at it when you purchased it, or your old one either. I love hearing the history. They remind me of Manuela's trays; beautiful!! I like that they are useful as well as pretty. Now I will be looking. Kathi

Shelley said...

What a great story and history behind your boxes...they are both so lovely...what a great find...blessings

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...