This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Grayson's beef jerky!

My son, Grayson, sure surprised me the other day when he suddenly decided that he wanted to try to make beef jerky! He went online and found a recipe he liked for a teriyaki-honey flavored beef jerky (shame on me, I forgot to get it, sorry!). The first thing he did was go to the store to get a London broil and the rest of the things he needed that we already didn't have.
He followed the recipe exactly. What cracks me up and shows that it's a different world for the next generation coming up, is that he pulled up the recipe on his Iphone and followed it from there! You can see it propped up there in the background.
First he made the sauce.
He took a little sample and said it tastes perfect.
He made two batches.
The next step was to slice the meat very thin.
He took great care to remove the fat.
He then put the sliced meat into the sauce and let it soak over night.
The next morning he put the marinated meat into the smoker.
He laid each piece carefully on the racks making sure that they did not touch each other.
Then he put the wood chips on the little element inside the smoker and put the front cover on it.
He kept it in there for 8 hours. He added new wood chips every couple of hours.
Mmmmm! It turned out delicious!
I wish you could taste it!
It's a great snack and it was perfect to take on our river camping trip!
I love it that he came up with the idea and just did it. He never once thought that he couldn't do it! I'm so proud of him! I'm so proud of all of my boys. One thing that I know for sure, they are not afraid try anything! When they were little, if they showed interest in cooking, woodworking, electronics, whatever, we always tried to accommodate them and help them learn new hobbies and cultivate new interests. We wanted them to be well-rounded individuals who were not afraid to take on new things. I think it paid off! 

"Every moving thing that lives shall be food for you. And as I gave you the green plants, I give you everything."
Genesis 9:3 



Hugs, Sharon

1 comment:

Kathi said...

This is wonderful! Grayson and all of your boys and their dad and their mother, do such interesting things. I will have to show this to Harrison. He loves jerky. Can't wait to see you!!! Kathi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...