This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

A fun day with Brittany!

My adorable daughter-n-law, Brittany, asked me if I would like to go with her to a little antique fair on Saturday. I was so touched that she invited me and I was really looking forward to it. When I got to their house and knocked on the door, this is who answered.... hee hee, it's their darling new kitten, Cosmo!
Here's the whole family, Mackenzie, Brittany, Krammer and Cosmo. Krammer is one big cat!
Here we are at the vintage marketplace! We're excited!
There are a lot of cute booths with really cute things!
We both loved these neat collage pictures.
They are frames covered in dictionary pages, book pages or maps and then they use game pieces to spell out favorite verses or sayings. I think we might try and do this project together.
Here's a cute idea too!
For some reason we just loved these alabaster cups with lemons in them with the black ribbon tied to them. I ended up buying one for Brittany.
I love this simple idea and I think I might try it for fall. It's just a twig placed in a neat vase and they have glitter covered birds hanging from it.
This is Brittany's good friend, Elizabeth. She has a booth here today and is selling her wares.
She is such a talented girl. I could not believe all the things she's made and is selling.
These magnets are all so original and creative!
What fun earrings!
She makes bib, burp cloth and bootie sets.
Aren't they sweet!
She picks such darling fabrics.
She also makes soaps,
candles and lip balm! She has an etsy shop called Betty Lou's Boutique, you should check it out!

I think it's neat how the younger girls are doing things like this. Homespun things are back in style! I'm so happy, it seems like these kinds of hobbies were a dying art, but so many of the young women are knitting, crocheting, canning, sewing etc. I think its awesome! Brittany is interested in cooking, baking, sewing, canning and other things too. I am so proud of her!
We also saw my friend, Jill! She is one of the owners of this cute shop. She is very creative and very talented.
This is a very cool wall hanging.
I LOVE this platter!
Here's another cool idea that Brittany and I would like to attempt. It's simply buying a frame, painting it and beating it up a little, getting some sheet music, ripping the edges, staining it and then stenciling a word you like over it. I love how it looks!
I like this nest and wild cotton in this glass container.
I bought a cloche similar to this and I want to put a birds nest in it like this one. It's really cute!
We had such a lovely time together! We ate lunch and then went to St. Vincent De Paul and shopped a little. We both found a few goodies. Brittany was having company over for dinner that night, so she had to get home. We had a wonderful time together. I love my daughter-in-law and I am so happy that we get to do fun stuff like this together!
After I dropped her off, I snuck into one more thrift store on my way home and I found this fabulous rooster! I will be blogging about him tomorrow!
What was so fun was as I was shopping I heard a low man's voice say, "Excuse me ma'am, is this your cart?" And as I looked up and saw these two shopping at the same thrift store! What a fun treat! I love it when I run into my kids at the thrift stores, that means I trained them right! Haha!

What a great day I had. I heart my family!!!

"This is the day that the Lord hath made, let us rejoice and be glad in it!"

Hugs, Sharon

4 comments:

Kathi said...

Sharon, What a sweet daughter-in-law Brittany is. Looks like such a fun time together. I love the way she answered the door. It's special that you ran into Grayson and Rachelle. Love ya, Kathi

Rose of Sharon said...

Thank you Kathi. Just for the record, it was Mackenzie who answered the door with the cat. He's so funny. They both were so cute with their little cat family. I can't wait until one day we have a picture of them standing their holding a baby or two or three or four!!! :0)

GardenofDaisies said...

Looks like you had a really fun day out!

Erin said...

I love the chubby kitty. I have one similar in girth. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...