This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Thursday, August 11, 2011

BAR B Q Dishes....

 I love my new vintage BAR B Q dishes! I actually found four back in February and then found two more a few months later. This is the first time that I have used them! It was love at first site for me when I first spotted them and they were even more awesome because I only paid $1.99 each for them. I think they are just the cutest things!!! They look like they are from the 50s or 60s to me.
 Here's the first pattern that I found. I love how they both have the three compartments to keep your food separate.
 And this is the second. I love them both, but I think this is my favorite.
 Aren't they both so adorable!
 I was so thrilled when I found these darling barrel looking mugs that coordinate. They actually match perfectly to the first set that I showed you.
 I pulled out my mismatched collection of Bakelite cutlery, which coordinates so well with the dishes for that campy feel!
 I was trying to get that cowboy-eating-out-on-the-range feel, so I used a red and white gingham tablecloth.
 And I also used red and white gingham napkins and tucked them in the mugs.
 I think the table turned out so cute. In the future I could probably get really creative with a fun centerpiece and little miniature galvanized steel buckets would be adorable with peanuts in them for an appetizer.
 Don't you just love the old whimsical designs that they made back in the good old days!
 They are so cheerful and fun. The chef in the center is wearing a cute apron that says, "Use sharp knife".  They are just really, really cute! Our family is growing, so I will be on the look out for at least four more of these. I wonder if there are more variations on the idea.
 Now all we're missing is the family and the food!!!!
 Mmmm! Here's the food! We had delicious barbecued hamburgers with pasta salad and orange Jello salad with marshmallows and mandarin oranges.
 And here's the family!
 Cameron was being silly in this picture.
 After dinner Eric asked the kids if they wanted to try out the new quads real quick.
 Brittany's holding on real tight! haha!
 They look so cute!
 Cameron jumped on the other quad.
 He's looking pretty happy!
 Grayson gives it a whirl.
 Such fun!
 Cameron enjoying the ride.
 Mackenzie's being silly.
Barbecued burgers on fun vintage dishes and four wheel'n in the street at sunset.  Don't you just love summer nights!!!

"This is the day that the Lord hath made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

Hugs, Sharon

5 comments:

Erin said...

Those are so cute! I've never seen any like that. Out of curiosity, I just looked on ebay - they are selling one like the first picture for $20. You got a great deal! Ebay also had a different patter of the divided BBQ plate that was very cute for 8.50.

jAne said...

you find the neatest things while in the thrift therapy pursuit! love the dishes .. and the table setting. so inviting. :o)

Kathi said...

Sharon, Your family is so cute and has such fun!! Kathi

Kathi said...

Sharon, Forgot to mention your cool plates and the whole place setting; I love it!! It's perfect. I think you did get a good deal. If you have not done so, maybe you could add it to "Table Scape Thursday). Love you, Kathi ps I forgot who hosts this, but I know that Vignette Design participates and you and find it.

Diane Fay (littlealma) said...

Love the plates!!! I hope your boys appreciate all that you do around the house!!! I am also impressed with how you know where everything is, you must be very organized, and have plenty of storage - lucky lady!! Also love seeing the fun things your family does!!!

Hugs from Michigan - Diane

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...