This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

What's the scuttlebut?

Do you know what a sugar scuttle is? It's basically a sugar bowl with a little scoop. I have seen these before, but I did not know the proper term for it until I found this one at a thrift store still in it's box.
This is one of the treasures that I found when Brittany and I went out to lunch and shopping the other day.
I have always noticed them in the background in pictures from magazines and always thought they were so cool!
I have never, ever seen one at a store until now!!! As soon as I saw it, I snatched it up!
Isn't it gorgeous!
I love the little scoop that hooks on the back.
I think it is so elegant looking.
And guess what?
It was only $2.99 and 50% off! So I only paid $1.50 for it!
It looks beautiful on my buffet table nestled in amongst my other silver and crystal pieces. I think this will be so fun to use at one of my ladies teas!

"You have tested us, O God; you have purified us like silver." Psalm 66:10

Hugs, Sharon

2 comments:

heartfelt living said...

What a lovely find and price was just right! I'm sure it will look beautiful at one of your teas.
Blessings,
Karen

Kathi said...

It's so special Sharon. I've never seen one or heard of one before. It is tiny and sweet. I look forward to seeing how it is used. What a great find. Kathi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...