This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Monday, May 30, 2011

Memorial Day Camping! Part I

Eric and I and our family went camping at one of Oregon's beautiful high lakes called Odell Lake. Mackenzie's childhood friend, Colin, his wife Amy and their little boy, Caden joined us. As we were all packed up and headed up to the mountains and it started raining, I couldn't help but think, I hope this will be fun.
Then as we kept climbing the mountains it started snowing and I couldn't help but think..."What are we thinking???"
But when we made our campsite reservation, the camp host kept saying that there was no snow on the ground at Odell and they rarely get rain. We couldn't believe it, but when we got to the lodge to check in, we realized he was right! There was no snow and no rain!
So we found our new little home for the weekend and we set up camp! What the man failed to tell us is that it is really windy here and very, very, very cold!
We made up our tent city as soon as we could. Here's Mackenzie and Brittany setting up their home with little Caden watching.
Busy, busy!
Hayden making his house.
Grayson holding Caden. Caden is sooo cute and sweet! Every time I turned around one of my boys was playing with him, he's adorable!
Cameron making up his new home. His is a bit unusual.
He decided to sleep in the back of his pickup with a tarp over it. It just seems like it would be so cold to me, but he said it's the same idea as a tent and he's right.
Little mister sitting in a tiny chair that I bought just for him for camping!
Now that we've set up camp, it's time for lunch! Here's Hayden making a sandwich.
We were all so hungry, lunch was good!
Oh boy, it surely was cold. The boys immediately made a fire to warm us.
You can't tell that it's cold by these pictures because the sun is shinning, but it was very, very cold,  almost unbearable, especially for us girls.
Eric and I feeling so blessed with our big family!
Mackenzie and Brittany.
Our campsite was not the prettiest! haha! Eric and the boys tied tarps to the trees to break the cold wind. It was very windy and cold!
Time for some hot cocoa!
Do you like my new outdoorsy mugs? All throughout last year I was on the hunt for outdoorsy looking mugs with fish, deer, ducks, etc on them just for the camper. They make the cocoa and coffee taste better! hee hee!
Colin gave the boys a new fun idea. He attached a big industrial strength strap to two trees.
Then they walked across it like the man walking on the high wire! Although they had a little help from their friends!
Then they got smart and added one on the top to hold onto!
Cameron's trying to do it with coffee in his hand! haha!
Grayson showing off his talents!
All of us girls went inside, we were just too cold. It was really fun though, just hanging out and talking.
Pretty soon everybody was in there! Cozy!
Caden liked looking through this little window!
He saw Grayson and Blondie out there!
Okay, so now we've added pop up tents to our compound!
Hayden.
I love this picture of Mackenzie and Brittany.
Grayson and Rachelle.
Colin, Amy and Caden. This was their first camping trip as a family and they're having a blast!
Eric barbecuing with his eyes closed!
Mmmm! Dinner time!!
Hamburgers, pasta salad and fruit salad. Delicious!
Brittany with her full plate.
Eric finally gets to sit down to eat after cooking all those burgers!
Happy camper, Cameron.
Mackenzie fire walking. Cameron doesn't look too impressed, Mackenzie does this kind of wacky thing all the time! haha!
I took this picture so you can see how strong the wind was. Can you see the tarp that we tied there at the right of the picture? It is totally blowing in towards our campfire area. The tarps really helped block the wind and keep us a bit warmer.
Cameron and Hayden playing cribbage.
Hayden showing Dad what a good hand he has!
Mmmm! Time for smores!
Me enjoying my smore!
Cozy fire!
Brittany and I around the campfire. Those are actually snow flakes! It snowed on us every once in awhile, but it never stuck, thank goodness!!!
Cameron has cabin fever!
Whittling around the fire. It was so cute because the boys gave Caden two sticks and he mimicked them whittling. Well, it's dark and it's late and it's time for bed. I hope we all stay warm tonight!

"May God be gracious to us and bless us and make His face shine on us." Psalm 67:1

Hugs, Sharon

2 comments:

Mardell said...

Hi Sharon!
Brrrr...you guys are true campers braving the cold and the wind. Wow! You always seem to go so prepared. Must be all those years of experience. :o) My son just turned 7 and would love to take him camping for a weekend. Brittany's hair has gotten so long. She's just as pretty as ever. I just love seeing the happy pictures of your family.

Enjoy your 4th of July!
Hugs,
Mardell

PS: Forgot to mention that I love your outdoorsy mugs. Of course they make coffee and cocoa taste better. (wink!)

Kathi said...

Sharon, I'm envious because we have not camped in years and don't remember how. I am very happy for you that you have many many memories of all of the good times camping together. We still could camp, and maybe we'd do it with you guys again. I love all of the cute photos and your mugs are so fun. Love, Kathi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...