This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day Camping, Day 2

Good morning world! We made it through the night and nobody froze! It looks like my hair survived too and I can probably get away with it for one more day without wearing a hat! haha!
I looked out the camper window and saw Eric and Colin out in front of the morning fire keeping warm.
We made breakfast burritos for the whole gang. Here's Amy and Caden enjoying theirs.
My darling husband all bundled up.
Nap time!
Cameron did a little wood burning on the firewood. Pretty creative huh!
Oh my goodness, it is so windy and cold. The wind is causing the smoke to get caught behind the tarps and it's burning our eyes. The boys decided to put up more tarps.
We like to give our camp trips names so we remember them. This year's camp was aptly named, "Camp Windy Tarp". It doesn't look pretty, but it works. We had a lot of fun poking jokes at ourselves saying we're extremists with our own compound, etc.
The boys broke out their cigars for a little brother bonding time.
Grayson sitting back and relaxing.
Grayson and Rachele.
Time to start making dinner. Tomorrow is Cameron's 25th birthday, but because we would be packing up camp and heading home, we decided to celebrate his birthday today. The girls are helping me make his birthday dinner and cake.
Mackenzie came into the camper and showed us what he whittled for little Caden, it's a little baseball bat!
We were going to have barbecued chicken for Cameron's dinner, but disaster struck and we discovered that half of the chicken was spoiled. Thankfully we had a box of corn dogs in the freezer and a bunch of hot dogs! So here's Eric barbecuing them. Look at the wind blow the tarp in!
Compound, sweet compound!
I brought the "You are Special Today" birthday plate for Cameron to eat off of!
Because it's Cameron's birthday he got a piece of the chicken!
Happy birthday to you!!!! I made him a delicious chocolate, caramel, whipped cream cake! Yummy!
Make a wish!!!
Time to open gifts!
Everyone was so generous and thoughtful!
Eric stoking the fire!
Time to eat the cake!!!
Hayden whittling around the fire.
Another beautiful campfire!
This is my favorite part of camping, the whole family sitting around the campfire telling stories!
Hayden enjoying the evening. It's late and I'm hitting the sack. Goodnight everyone! Sleep tight!
Oh my goodness! Look at my hair! When I woke up and looked in the mirror, this is what I saw! Can you believe it!?!
I have never in my life, ever, ever woke up with hair this messy!
I must have had some nightmare! Haha! I think it's because I wore my stocking cap to bed and it worked its way off in the night. Crazy!!!
It's all quiet out there, everyone is still snuggy in their tents!
Hey, there's Grayson. He slept in the back of his Jeep and it looks like Mr. Caden has come to wish him good morning!
Mackenzie took Caden over to Cameron's truck.
What do you see Caden?
Why it's Cameron still sleeping! Time to wake up Cameron!
Brittany helping with breakfast!
Rachelle and Amy helping too!
We made egg McMuffin's for breakfast. They were delicious!
Well, it's time to start loading up and head for home.
Caden is waiting in the truck while we pack up. He was having fun!
Camp Windy Tarp, we are leaving you the way we found you and frankly, we are ready to go home after being so cold!
Me and my honey!
Mackenzie and Brittany!
Colin, Amy and Caden.
My four hoodlums, oops, I mean my four sons!
Actually, it's my four AMAZING sons and our awesome dog, Blondie!
Here's the whole gang. Despite the cold weather, we had a great time!!! Many fun memories were made and I always feel so close to all of them when we get back. Camping is such a great family thing to do!!!

"The Lord will keep you from all harm, He will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore." Psalm 121:7-8

Hugs, Sharon

3 comments:

Kathi said...

I love all of your interesting and fun photos of camping. It looks so fun. Kathi

Kathi said...

Oh, I forgot to add that I got a giggle out of your silly morning hair due!! Funny hairdo. Kathi

Mardell said...

I cracked up so hard at your bed-head!!! Seriously, you have so much guts to post pictures like that. Love it!!! And the thing is...you still look amazing.

The pic of the boys w/Blondie is worth framing.

Had so much fun tagging along on your camping trip. What a fun first time for Caden. What a cutie.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...