This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Thursday, July 14, 2011

A little bit about me....

I made this post for my sidebar...
 Hi! My name is Sharon May and I'm the girl behind the blog! I am a 49 year old Christian wife and mother.  
I am so thankful to my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and could not live without Him. Having God in my life is everything to me. 
I love to spend time in God's word everyday. 
 I have been happily married to Eric for 29 years. Eric and I were high school sweethearts! We have four beautiful sons. They are all amazing individuals who work hard, have great personalities and love the Lord. 
 This is our oldest son, Mackenzie (26) and his beautiful wife, Brittany. She is like a daughter to me! Mackenzie just graduated from the University of Oregon and is working in multi-media specializing in web design. Brittany just graduated from Corbin University with a degree in Psychology. She is currently working at a school with special needs children. They are both musicians and have a group called Voice to Spirit. They have put out two amazing worship CDs.
 Cameron (25) is our second son. He got his BA from Eugene Bible College and is currently at Lane Community College getting his Master's degree. He works part-time at a department store and lives with a couple of roommates.
 Next we have Grayson (20) here with his girlfriend, of almost 4 years, Rachelle. Grayson has a wonderful job at a utility company. He is in the process of buying his first home!
The baby of the family is  Hayden (17). He will be a senior this coming September. He is a three sport athlete and works part-time at a gas station.
This is our home, sweet home. We have lived here for 17 years and we have created many wonderful memories here. I love our home!
I really enjoying lighting candles and making our home warm and cozy. Decorating is a passion of mine and I would describe my style as romantic country cottage.
 I am very frugal and love shopping at garage sales and thrift stores! 
These are our two amazing pets, Blondie, a purebred Yellow Lab and MacGyver, our new gray and white tabby kitten.
My blog is a very personal blog about my entire life; the good, bad and ugly. 
I like to share about our family gatherings, cooking, cleaning, thrifting and decorating. The one constant thread throughout it all is God being with me. I give Him the glory for everything. I hope you grab a cup of coffee and spend a little time with me and perhaps in a small way I can inspire you.
I have two blogs, Rose of Sharon which is my original blog from August 2007-September 2009 and....
.....this blog, Rose of Sharon Garden from October 2009 to current. The reason I have two blogs is because I noticed my available blog space was getting low, so I opened the second blog, but then I realized they are both pulling from the same memory bank, so it didn't help me at all. :0( But, since then, Blogger has allowed me to have much more memory, so all is well. I really don't like having the two blogs, but I'm going to leave them both. 

I hope you enjoy reading them! May the Lord richly bless you!


"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13

Hugs, Sharon

3 comments:

Jan said...

Sharon, how neat to read about you and your life and to see the great photos. Love the new profile photo!

As always, I love reading your blog!

Jan

Kathi said...

Sharon, It is so nice to see a post like this showing who you are. I'm so glad to be your sister. I love you, Kathi

Gypsy Heart said...

Thanks for sharing your self, your family and home. You are absolutely beautiful! I love the scripture too ~ believe me, I used it often when I was working. :)

xo
Pat

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...