This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Friday, July 15, 2011

Fear....

Sometimes fear and worry can overcome me. 

Right now I am worried and fearful about something. I know I shouldn't be. I know it's wrong. 
I know I need to be trusting God, but sometimes the fear and worry can take over. 
I am struggling. I am praying to God. 

I chose to trust God. 

I have been reading the scriptures and I found a couple of neat promises from God that comfort me. 

"The beloved of the Lord shall dwell in safety by Him; and the Lord shall cover him all the day long." Deuteronomy 33:12

"The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous runneth into it and is safe." Proverbs 18:10

"But whoso hearkeneth unto Me shall dwell in safety and shall be quiet from fear of evil." Proverbs 1:33

"When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee." Isaiah 43:2

God is in control. I KNOW that! 

Thank You dear Lord, for your protection. Thank You for Your comfort. I trust in Thee.

"I will lie down and sleep in peace, for You alone, O Lord, make me dwell in safety." Psalm 4:8

Hugs, Sharon

5 comments:

Mary Anne said...

Hi Sharon,

I, too, have struggled with fear and turned to Scriptures to help me. Here are a couple of my favorites:

"For the Lord God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of Power, Courage, and a Sound Mind."
2 Timothy 1:7


"I command you: be firm and steadfast! Do not fear nor be dismayed, for the Lord, your God, is with you wherever you go" Joshua 1:9

"If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask for whatever you want and it will be done for you." John 15:7

That last one does not directly pertain to fear, but is a comfort to me all the same.

Hope this helps.

Prayers and Blessings...<><

Rose of Sharon said...

Thank you so much Mary Anne for those wonderful scriptures. I appreciate your thoughtfulness. It is so wonderful to serve a God who cares so much for us that He gave us His word and we get to read His promises!

Have a great weekend!

Hugs, Sharon

Kathi said...

Sharon, I'm sorry you are worried about something. I will pray for you. I just read about Nathanael asking Jesus how He knew who he was and his character. Jesus replied, "I saw you under the fig tree..." John ch. 1 towards the end. Anyway, this comforted me to realize Jesus sees us in our worship times alone with Him. He knows everything about us. I also like your verse and Mary Ann's Josh. 1:9 verse; very powerful. I love you, Kathi

jAne said...

~*(~*( gentle embrace )*~)*~

lifting you up in prayer..
i know about fear..

blessings,
jAne

as always starzie said...

Dear Sharon,
So sorry you are worried.
I too have had fear take over me at times just recently. I will keep you in my prayers and know you are in loving hands and that all is well in your life.

Take care,

Hugs,

Darlene

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...