This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Dinner for two please!

Yesterday I shared my first day of summer with all of you and explained that our boys all went camping, so Eric and I were home alone. I decided to make him a very special dinner for two and I set up a cute little card table in our living room just for us!
I have been wanting to do this for the past year. Our lives have been in transition as our boys have grown and two have left the nest, one is on his way out and our baby is an independent busy 17-1/2 year old.  We are so proud of our boys, but there are times of sadness with them growing up and leaving. One idea that sounded like a lot of fun was to start making romantic dinners for just my husband and I.
I started planning this and my mind was spinning with great ideas.  Every time I went shopping at the thrift stores,  I was on the lookout for fun dishes just for this purpose in sets of two. My first goal was to find some masculine dishes that Eric would appreciate.
These deer salad plates were my first finds. They're perfect aren't they!!! I then found two black dinner plates and two neat bamboo looking chargers to coordinate with them.
I also found two black stemmed wine glasses and two rattan place mats.
I also found these wonderful bamboo looking utensils.
 I already had the pretty burgundy floral table cloth and used cream colored napkins with neat black wire napkin holders. I put them all together and it came out so wonderfully!

This was so much fun for me!!! I was giddy like a school girl! It brought out romance, inspiration and creativity.
I made a delicious meal for two. I turned on some romantic dinner music!
I served green salad, seasoned pork roast, Au gratin potatoes and fresh asparagus with flaked Parmesan cheese. We also had fresh raspberries for dessert!
I used pretty serving dishes.
I also used special serving utensils.
I found a simple centerpiece of lit candles. It turned out so beautiful!
At first when Eric said he would join me in the living room for dinner I think he was just being sweet, but when he walked in and saw the pretty table, the lit candles, and the delicious meal he was very appreciative of my efforts. We both had so much fun! It was like we were on a date! We just looked into each other eyes and talked during the whole meal. I LOVED it!!!!

It was really a great night and now I am looking so forward to doing this again for him. I am thinking of all of the possibilities with tablescape and menu ideas. The good news is, dishes are cheap at Goodwill and pretty easy to find them matching,  especially if you are only buying them in sets of two! And because there's only two of them, they are not hard to store. I am thinking how fun it would be to make an Italian dinner with a red and white checkered tablecloth, or a Chinese meal with Chinese dishes! The possibilities are endless!

“And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, he made into a woman, and brought her to the man.” Genesis 2:22


Hugs, Sharon

2 comments:

jAne said...

i love this idea and your table scape is really beautiful with a masculine twist. maybe you could make this a monthly feature on your blog! :o)

Kathi said...

Wonderful Sharon! Your special dishes and serving untensils are lovely. I love this idea and I like what Jane said about maybe making a monthly feature with table scapes. Kathi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...