This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Day with Brittany

I had such a great day with my darling daughter-in-law, Brittany! We went out for lunch at a really cute restaurant. It had been awhile since just the two of us had a day together, so I was really looking forward to it. We had a lovely visit and a delicious lunch,
After lunch we went thrifting at a couple of our favorite stores. We both found great treasures! I just love her so much! I am so thankful to God for bringing her to my son! I am so thankful that she is such a doll and actually enjoys hanging out with me! 
                            
Women, I think it is so wise to reach out and be close to your daughter-in-laws. The Bible teaches us in Titus 2 that the older women are to teach the younger ones. Sometimes you feel like you don't have anything to offer, but the next generation needs us and we do have much to offer. I remember my dear mother-in-law Alice reaching out to me and inviting me to lunch, shopping, movies and fashion shows. She was so smart to do this because we became close and this helped our whole family to be close!
                       
Also, don't forget to be praying for them all the time. They are your daughters! They are the wives to your sons and will be the mother to your grandchildren. If your sons are not married, pray for their wives now. Pray that the Lord will bring your son the perfect woman for him that is chosen by God! Even if your boys are small, pray for their wives. Pray for their future wife's safety and protection. Pray that these girls know the Lord. Pray that your sons will be good husbands and fathers and that their wives will be good wives and mothers. (I do not have my own daughters, but obviously, if you do have daughters, be praying for their husbands!). I am here to tell you that the Lord honors those prayers. The Lord gave my son Brittany!

"Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. Then they can urge the younger women to love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God." Titus 2:3-5

Hugs, Sharon

2 comments:

Brittany said...

I love you! Such a fun day we had!

Kathi said...

Sharon, God is so faithful. It is evident in your life, how He has answered your prayers. Brittany is everything you prayed for. I'm so glad you have special times together. Love, Kathi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...