This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Friday, June 17, 2011

Alice's 76th birthday!

My beautiful mother-in-law, Alice, recently celebrated her 76th birthday! Here are a few pictures of her special day! I had to work in the morning, so I met Alice and her daughter Stacey at a beautiful restaurant for lunch. Alice's oldest and dearest friend, Dee, joined us as well. They met in college and were sorority sisters!
Alice is opening one of her gifts.
She got a cute new shirt!
During lunch her granddaughter, Monique, called to wish her a happy birthday.
Alice and Dee.
We feel like Alice is doing better! On this day she did not use her wheelchair! However, she did need the assistance of both Stacey and Dee.
After lunch Alice and Stacey went to get pedicures. I went home and made a cake for her. We all met back up at their house. You can see the pretty hanging flower basket that we gave her.
Eric took his father out golfing along with Stacey's husband Jim. We all met back at the house along with our kids.
Here's grandpa saying hello to Hayden.
Grayson drove over right after work.
Here's Cameron and Alice.

Cameron actually made the hors d'oeuvres! At the last minute I called him and asked if he had any ingredients to make some appetizers and he did and he said he would be happy to make some.
 We were all so impressed with what he threw together. They were made from tuna, cream cheese and spices spread on crackers! They were very tasty!
Stacey and her husband Jim.
Alice and Dee.
Eric and Hayden.
Mackenzie and Brittany.
Cool Cameron. :0)
Jim and Alice's house is so pretty.
Alice has always had a cool style that is a bit eclectic.
She loves artwork from local artisans and she has many pieces that they have collected on their many travels.
We had a delicious dinner of Kentucky Fried Chicken!
The birthday girl gets to eat on the special plate!
Ooops! The cake slipped in the car!
We were all laughing so hard at that crocked cake, it was hard to sing the happy birthday song!
Make a wish Alice!
This is Sharon. She's the next door neighbor who has just been a doll to Alice. She has truly been a God-send and the family has decided to hire her to come in and help with cooking and cleaning a couple of days a week. She was so nice and popped over to give Alice a birthday gift!
Time to open gifts! She received some lovely things!
We laughed because we realized that Grayson bought her this darling card with a very sweet sentiment inside, but on the outside instead of saying, "Grandmother" it says, "Granddaughter" hahaha! Oh well, it's the thought that counts!
Here's Alice sitting proudly with four of her grandsons (my four boys!)
Eric and his mother.
Me with my dear mother-in-law. I am so thankful for her and I do believe that she had a fantastic birthday today and felt very loved and very special! Happy birthday Alice!!!

"Every time I think of you, I give thanks to my God." Philippines 1:3

Hugs, Sharon

3 comments:

Jan Parrish said...

Loved seeing all your family together, Sharon. I want to give you all a big hug! Happy Birthday to Alice!

Jill Sibbald said...

i am so glad you had such a fun party ! and i love reading how committed your boys are to your family sharon - what a great gift !

Kathi said...

Your party for Alice honored her. I'm sure she loved all of it, cake and all. What a great idea to have KFC to eat. Love ya, Kathi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...