This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

An afternoon at the theater with Cameron.....

On Mother's Day my son, Cameron, gave me a beautiful card with this neat homemade gift certificate inside. It says, "This ticket good for one date with your son Cameron to See: The Boys Next Door" I was so excited to receive this gift and thought it was so thoughtful of him! The play wasn't until the end of June, so we waited to go.
Finally the day was here! I took him out to lunch before the play.
We went to a new Mexican restaurant.
It was very delicious! We had such a great talk. I love him so much!
Cameron ordered the tickets on line a few months ago and he had to pick them up at the will call booth.
We had excellent seats!
Here's the set!
Here we are waiting for the play to start. We did not know the story, so we were anxious to see what the play was about.
We have been to a few plays here at this small town theater and they have been fabulous. This is our new neat thing to do! :0)
The story is sweet, but sad.
It's about four mentally challenged boys who all share a house together. They have a sponsor who is also their friend and he often checks in on them. Three of them were able to work, but one could not; he was fighting to hold on to his disability benefits.
The play is about their joys and sorrows.
The actors were so good! I was so impressed with the talent!
We thoroughly enjoyed the show. It's amazing that a small town can produce such awesome shows!
I am so thankful that Cameron had such a great idea! We had a wonderful afternoon! Now we're heading back home for our regular Sunday dinners with the whole family!

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13

Hugs, Sharon


5 comments:

Jan said...

Such a thoughtful gift. How sweet that your boys realize that any gift that includes time with her children is perfect in a mother's heart!

as always starzie said...

Oh Sharon what a thoughtful gift from Cameron! You are so luckly to have such a sweet caring son!

I have a request. I would like to ask you for prayer. I had a very complicated orthopedic hip surgery in April. It has been very hard to go through. I have been in a wheelchair and walked with a walker since the surgery. I know you are a women of faith and I believe in prayer. So if you can pray for me at this difficult time, I would be ever so grateful!

Thank you so much Sharon.

Fondly,

Darlene

Rose of Sharon said...

Dear Darlene, I just prayed and I will continue to keep you in my prayers. I pray that your pain will go away and that you will be able to walk freely again. God is the Great Physician and He can heal you. I pray in the name of Jesus Christ that He does. Hugs, Sharon

Molly's Art Designs said...

Sharon- What a sweet story and what a thoughtful guy Cameron is! I have prayed that my daughters will each meet a guy just like Cameron! Blessings-
Molly

Kathi said...

Sharon, He is such a sweet and thoughtful son. I love all the fun things you did. Love you, Kathi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...