This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Friday, September 3, 2010

Shopping with Hayden

Summer is winding down and Hayden and I had to go to town to do a little shopping for some back to school things and grab some lunch. We need to get all this done and get him back home in time to play in the first football game of the season!!!
He wanted to drive me in his truck, so I said, "Sure, that'd be fun!"
He was so proud to take me to town in his new truck!
I am so glad we did. I have great memories of driving with him.
It is so hard for me to believe that my baby boy is all grown up and driving his own truck!
He's so handsome!
He actually did a great job driving!
See, I'm not jittery at all! :0)
He asked me if we could stop at the sporting goods store.
He needed to pick up some new football gloves. He's a wide receiver and tonight's the first game of the season!
Hayden calls this his insurance plan. It's a "club" and it's extra security against someone steeling his truck.
He says, "Mom, I think you've taken enough pictures!"
We stopped at Target.
Then we went to our favorite restaurant and bought deep fried burritos!
We got them "to go" and stopped at the park to eat. 
It's just like old times having a picnic in the park!
Now we need to head home so he can get ready for his football game! Go Dawgs! Go #14 Hayden!

We had such a great day! I love having days like this with my boys. I have done similar things like this with all four of my sons and we have had so much fun. Spending time with your kids doing nothing and making it something is such a great way to be close to them! They grow up so fast, we need to stop and really enjoy them while they are around us!

"He who fears the Lord has a secure fortress, and for his children it will be a refuge." Proverbs 14:26

Hugs, Sharon

1 comment:

Molly's Art Designs said...

Hi Sharon,
Just stopping by to say hello. I still enjoy reading your blog--you are such an inspiration to me!
Molly at shamrockfields@gmail.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...