This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Monday, May 9, 2011

My Mother's Day this year....

I had a great Mother's day this year!!! I woke up to the smell of fresh coffee and my husband made me a delicious breakfast. He also gave me this beautiful hanging basket filled with a gorgeous fuchsia plant!
I was so exhausted after having ten parties/dinners at my home over the past ten weeks and just having Brittany's grad party the night before, I just wanted to sleep in and have a lazy day.  I ended up having a quiet, restful lovely day of just relaxing and really doing nothing and then my whole family took me out to PF Changs for dinner with Cold Stone ice cream for dessert! All of my kids showed me so much love and gave me beautiful cards and gifts.
Mackenzie and Brittany gave me this pretty candle that smells soooo good and this wonderful Phil Keagey album. It's an instrumental featuring him playing his guitar and I love it.
Cameron gave me this hilarious, Awkward Family Portraits card.
When I opened it up, there was a handmade gift certificate saying he was taking me to a play at the local community theater called, "The Boys Next Door" which is so exciting! He also wrote the sweetest sentiment in the card.
Grayson gave me this cheerful zinnia flower in this perky pot. I love it!
Hayden was so thoughtful and bought me this pretty candle. It smells so good and fits perfectly here amongst my roosters!
I was very touched when Brittany's mother, Patty, who was visiting and she went to dinner with us, gave me this neat gardening tote/carry-all. Isn't it cute! It has several gardening tools and gloves tucked in little pockets and it has the main pocket to carry water, seeds, a snack, sunscreen, whatever I might need!   She said she gave it to me in appreciation for all the things we do for Brittany! Isn't that so sweet!
I would like to take a minute to wish my beautiful mother a very happy mother's day too! Thank you mom for all you've done for me and all of the things you have taught me. My life has been blessed because of you!!! You are a great mom!
And also, Eric's mother, Alice. She has been a very good mother to Eric and mother-in-law to me. I am so blessed to have her in my life! Happy mother's day Alice! Thank you for all you've done in our lives!
Me and my four boys circa 1994
Being a mom has been the most fulfilling thing I have ever done. It has been an honor and privilege to raise my four boys. I am thankful everyday that the Lord blessed Eric and I with these four amazing sons! I had a lovely mother's day and I am so very grateful to my family for making me feel so loved! I love, love, love being a mom!!

"Every one of you shall revere his mother and his father." Leviticus 19:3a

Hugs, Sharon

1 comment:

Mardell said...

I'm so glad that you had a wonderful Mother's Day, Sharon. You certainly were blessed w/many beautiful things...not to mention blessed w/four amazing sons!! :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...