This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Thursday, May 12, 2011

Lunch with Cameron.....

I was running errands in town and knew that I would be near where my son, Cameron, lived, so I called him up and asked if he wouldn't mind a visitor. He said, "Sure, come on over!" I said, "Would you like me to bring a portabella mushroom panini for lunch?" And he said, "How can I say no to that?!"
Now I just discovered these delicious sandwiches earlier this week and this will be my third time eating them! Haha! I had no idea that our little grocery store made these in their deli. They are basically a veggie and cheese sandwich but it is grilled on both sides, which causes the cheese to melt all over them and they are soooo good!
I also packed him some homemade oatmeal cookies that I made that morning.
Well, here we are! There's Cameron's truck out front.
My handsome boy!
We sat out on their back patio and were having a wonderful visit when all of the sudden Cameron looked up and spotted a swarm of bees in their front yard! We quickly got all of our things and ran inside!
I took these pictures from the front door. (click all of these pictures to enlarge and see all the bees)
It was crazy they were flying around everywhere.
Here he is with his roommates discussing what we should do.
I opened the front door and took this picture from the screen. It was so eerie to here the humming sounds that the swarm was making.
After about a half an hour we looked outside and realized that they had quieted down, so we braved it and went out there.
We realized that they had all settled on this bush.
The queen is in the inside and all of the worker bees are surrounding her protecting her.
We realized that they were looking for a home. We both remember this happening to our family when Cameron was a little boy and we called a beekeeper to come and collect them.
So Cameron searched the internet and found a beekeeping company and called to see if they would like to come and get them. They said they would be happy to come out and get them and they would send someone right away.
All this bee activity reminded Cameron of something and he went inside the house and came back out carrying his old treasure box from when he was a little boy. He opened it up and handed me a little clear plastic box with a piece of a bee hive in it.
When the beekeeper came to our house and took the bees from our backyard, he found this little piece of honeycomb that the bees had already started making and gave it to Cameron. Cameron took it to school for show and tell and he has kept it in his treasure box all of these years!
So while he had his treasure box out, I spotted this old picture of me holding him when he was a little boy and I gave it to him with this little note on it, which states, "Cameron, I have always loved you so much...and still do! Love Mom"
I love this picture. It shows the joy that we had for each other. I loved him and all of my boys so very much. I loved playing with them like this. Look at his happy face. He was my delight! I had forgotten that I gave him a copy of this picture with the little note on it. I want to encourage all of you young mothers out there to do this little acts of kindness for it means so much to your child. Look how Cameron has kept it all of these years nestled safely in his treasure box sitting next to his precious piece of bee's wax!
I love him so much and am so glad we had this fun time together. Sometimes when our kids grow up, we all get so busy and it's hard to stay in touch and stay close. We really need to make an effort to see them and spend time with them to stay close. 

"Eat honey, my son, for it is good; honey from the comb is sweet to your taste. Know also that wisdom is sweet to your soul; if you find it, there is a future hope for you, and your hope will not be cut off. " Proverbs 24:13

Hugs, Sharon

3 comments:

adsgram said...

Sharon..I know how you feel, I only have one son, and he works 3rd shift hours, but every Friday we spend time together while my hubby and daughter-in-law are working and the grandchildren are in school. It makes for a nice day. Summer will mean the grands will be here during the week, but Fridays will still be with their Daddy! Enjoy your week!

Lynne

Molly's Art Designs said...

Sharon--
What a sweet story and a special guy! I never knew what to do about a bee swarm--thanks for sharing!
Blessings,
Molly

Mardell said...

Hi Sharon,
Wow, what a crazy experience w/the bees! I'm glad that he had them taken care of.

The last part or your post brought tears to my eyes. So precious is a mother's love. That pic is worth a 1000 words and more.

Hugs,
Mardell

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...