This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Friday, May 6, 2011

Happy Cinco De Mayo!

We had a great Cinco De Mayo party this year! This is our tradition that was started many years ago with just having tacos for dinner and it has expanded to a full-fledged party! Over the years I have accumulated all kinds of fun dishes and decorations! This year I found these awesome striped plates that are perfect for our party! I also found the fun Mexican painted turkey!
We just kept the menu simple this year with tacos, quesidillas and burritos.
We chopped up all kinds of veggies, shredded two types of cheese, offered salsa, jalapeno peppers, olives and sour cream for toppings.
Here's our fun makeshift bar area in the laundry room. This year I added the festive parrot lights. I have collected the cactus based margarita glasses for a few years and am up to 13 now. My rule is I never pay over $1.00 for them!
We made regular margaritas and virgin ones.
I found this awesome sombrero last year and just hung it on a hook on this shelf. Simple yet effective!

I hung up the pepper lights!
In the dining room I have a brightly colored tablecloth with a bright floral centerpiece. I also hung the straw sombraro on the china hutch.
This guy is a new additon ot the decorations. I found him this year at Goodwill. Isn't he perfect!
In the living room I hung our "Fiesta" sign and also a new banner that I found at a thrift store.
Isn't this cool! It was only $1.00. It's needlework done on burlap. I love it!
This year we had some special guests, Brittany's, beautiful Mama and Sister, Patti and Sarina! They brought me these beautiful red tulips as a hostess gift. They are actually here in town for Brittany's college graduation this coming weekend!
Mackenzie and Brittany.
Eric and I.
Me with Brittany, Patty and Sarina.
Sisters!
Mackenzie, Eric and I.
Cameron, Grayson and Mackenzie visiting.
Everyone sitting around talking and waiting for dinner! For guests we had Brittany's mom and sister, Mackenzie's good friend, Colin and his wife, Amy and their son, Caden, Cameron's friend, Dan and Hayden's friend Dan.
Mmmm! Time to eat!
Grayson and Rachelle.
Little 18 month old Caden was a huge hit with all of us!
Time to break out the stilts!
It's a Cinco De Mayo tradition to go out and play on the stilts. Here's Caden with his mama, Amy watching all the fun.
Uh-oh a stilt-sword fight broke out!
Brittany's giving it a whirl! Well, with the help of Mackenzie!
Mackenzie was enjoying training her! haha!
Oh boy....this kind of stuff always makes me worried! Cameron put the stilts in the back of Hayden's truck! Needless to say, he didn't stay there too long... "Too freaky" he said!
They boys are so fun to watch, they all get so wild and crazy!
Rachelle and Caden.
Even little Caden gave it a try! haha!
Amy's turn!
Mackenzie and Cameron being funny!
Rachelle tried them too and she did really well!
Now my turn! It can't be that hard, can it?
"Am I doing it?" Well, not quite, Cameron had to hold onto me. I told the girls that we need to make a set that's only four inches off the ground so we can learn how to do it!
After playing on the stilts we went inside for dessert. Caden sat in the middle of the room with a sombrero on and entertained us. We had a great evening! Happy Cinco De Mayo everyone!

"Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ." Ephesians 1:3

Hugs, Sharon

1 comment:

Kathi said...

What a fun fun day with your family Sharon. Your decorations are festive and the food looks so good. Love, Kathi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...