This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Monday, July 26, 2010

Umpqua Camping Trip Part I

It's time for our annual camping trip on the Umpqua River in Oregon! We have gone on this camping trip for many years and it is a tradition for us now! We love this river and look forward to this trip every year! I took a ton of pictures of our three day trip, so this will be a six part blog series.
Mackenzie and Brittany look happy to be going!
First we had to drive down this very long boat ramp to get to the water.
Finally, we are at the water's edge!
Once Eric backed the truck in, we unloaded all of our camping gear from the back of the truck. Look at all that stuff! Well, I guess it's everything that we need to survive for three nights and days! This year we have eight from our family, Eric and I, Mackenzie and Brittany, Cameron, Grayson, Hayden and Hayden's buddy, Dustin.
Brittany and I waiting for the guys to bring the other boats down.
Mackenzie taking some photos of the beautiful water.
This is a site to see isn't it! We brought three boats and only two trucks, so Eric and the boys stacked one of our boats on top of the other.

Isn't this an ingenious idea!
We went with a group of friends and had ten boats all together!
A lot goes into these trips! I am always so amazed at how much planning my husband does. I just plan the food and my own personal stuff. He takes care of all the boats, life jackets, camping gear, fishing gear etc.
Eric's pushing the boy's boat off into the river.
There's always such a hub-bub of activity at the boat ramp. We have to pack the boats, get the oars in, make sure we have all the life jackets, make sure the anchor ropes are tied, etc.
Mackenzie and Brittany are in their boat, ready to go!
Cameron, Dustin and Hayden are in their boat.
There's Hayden. He looks cute in this picture, but in reality, he was very sick. The night before he came down with food poisoning and barely made it to the trip. I felt so bad for him.
Grayson and his best friend Garrett rode in these neat pontoons.
Here's Garrett in his pontoon. Actually, both pontoons are his and he loaned one to Grayson for this trip. Garrett's mom, dad and sister came along with us this year and were in another boat.
This is Blondie's first trip and she sure is enjoying herself!
Oh it is so nice! We are finally all on the water ready to start this great trip!
Me in my straw cowboy hat!
Most of the other boats are already at the first camp spot as they left earlier in the day. We wanted to get down there before dark, so we tied all the boats together and Eric hauled everyone with his motor!
It's so much fun!
The Umpqua River is absolutely gorgeous!
It is so peaceful.
A little duck family swam by!
Uh,oh, rapids and rocks! Hold on!!!
Eric was teasing the other boats and caused a little traffic jam.
We all came to a screaming halt! We were having so much fun!
Captain Eric!
The sun is starting to set...
I love the sun on the water and all the shadows.
It' s so beautiful!
Lov'n life!
This picture is funny. The way they sun is beaming down right on Cameron, it kind of looks like a UFO came and is talking to Cameron. Okay, this is all for today. Come back tomorrow to see what our campsite looks like!

"As Scripture says, 'Streams of living water will flow from deep within the person who believes in me.'" John 7:38

Hugs, Sharon

2 comments:

Mardell said...

Hi Sharon,
I can't wait to see the rest! :o)

Jan Parrish said...

Thanks for taking us along with you. Sounds delightful!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...