This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A special day with a special lady!

For my dear mother-in-law's birthday, I bought tickets for us to see the play Steel Magnolias at a local theater and I took her out to lunch first! I took her to a beautiful new Mexican restaurant and we had a delicious meal!
This is a very special woman! And we had a great day together!
When we walked into the theater this is what we saw! Isn't it cute! It's Truvy's beauty salon.
The actresses did such a great job! From left to right it's Truvy, Shelby, Annelle and Clairee.
Here you can see Clairee on the phone, Annelle is washing M'Lynn's hair and Truvy is doing Shelby's hair.
These ladies did such an excellent job.
We really enjoyed ourselves.
We have discovered that this local theater has high standards and they put on marvelous plays!
It is my goal to someday audition for one of their plays. I think it would be so much fun!
This scene was sad. This was after Shelby died.
Bravo ladies, Bravo!!! Steel Magnolias is such a great story. It is so sad, but it is so neat to see the relationships between all the women and to see all of their strength and love.
Alice and I enjoyed ourselves so very much! (I hate this picture of me, but it was the only one we took of us inside the theater. It's so unflattering, but because I was brave and posted it shows that I'm not vain! lol)
After the play we came back to our house for dinner. While we were gone, my husband took his father, Jim (Alice's husband), out golfing and we all met back at the house to eat. Here's Alice and her husband, Jim, looking at Grayson's go-kart that he made.
Mmmm, it's time to eat! Lasagna, green salad and bread for dinner.
Grayson's friend, Garrett, was able to join us for dinner.
Don't ya just love summer dinners out on the patio?
I am so happy to have had this special day with Alice. Her health has been rapidly declining and it is heartbreaking to me. I am so thankful for all of the great memories we have had together and I am so happy to have the memory of this day with her.

"Let all that you do be done in love." I Corinthians 16:14
Hugs, Sharon

1 comment:

Mardell said...

Oh Sharon,
That is so sweet! Alice looks really good ~ I hope she is feeling well. The play looked wonderful (I've never seen that movie, can you imagine?) Mmmm, lasagne ~ yum! :o)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...