This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Here's an "Egg-citing" post!

I just wanted to share with you this great idea on how to carry eggs with you when you go camping. This is especially helpful for river camping when you are trying to pack a lot of things into a small space. Cooler real-estate is a high commodity when camping, so we have them jam packed. Throughout the years because of this we have lost many an egg! The cardboard egg cartons just don't hold up to people opening and closing the cooler and digging to the bottom to pull out milk or soda. Plus, by the second or third day, the cardboard cartons get all wet and soggy and fall apart.
Then one day we heard of this great idea! Crack them all and use a funnel and put them into an old plastic juice bottle or pop bottle! This works really great!!! Every time I have seen people do this, they shake them up and use them for scrambled eggs, but this time as I was cracking my eggs and putting them in this juice bottle, I noticed that they were not breaking when I put them in there. So, I did not shake them and thought I would just leave them and see what happens. I put the lid on I packed the bottle in the cooler and we went on our trip.
So, on Saturday morning on our camp trip when Eric started cooking breakfast and he got out the eggs, we were pleasantly surprised to see the little yolks were still perfectly intact!
We were really happy they were still intact because we have learned a secret that to get good yolky tasting scrambled eggs is that you wait until the last minute to break up the yolks. This intensifies the flavor so much and makes your eggs delicious! So next time you go camping and your taking eggs, try this method for transporting them and see if you like it!

"A cheerful look brings joy to the heart, and good news gives health to the bones." Proverbs 15:30

Hugs, Sharon

1 comment:

Mardell said...

Brilliant!!! How cool is that?! Sharon ~ you're a genious. And look at the size of that pan ~ WOW!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...