This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Monday, August 16, 2010

Drying roses....


After the lovely tea party that my sister and I held in her apple orchard, we had lots of gorgeous roses left over.
She sent several bouquets home with me, which I was so happy about! I enjoyed them for a few days and then noticed they were starting to dry out.
 I wanted to preserve them and keep them as a reminder of our beautiful tea party, so I did an old trick that I learned many years ago.  If I am remembering correctly, I think one of my sisters stumbled across this little trick because she left a rose that a boyfriend had given her in her car for several days in the hot sun and she realized how well it was preserved.
 It gets so hot in there and it dries them quickly and preserves them perfectly! Plus they make your car smell good! I think this trick would only work though with hot weather.
Didn't they turn out gorgeous! 
I love the muted colors!
I put them in my pretty rose chintz teacup and saucer. Now I have a beautiful reminder of a beautiful day!

"The wilderness and the dry land shall be glad; and the desert shall rejoice, and blossom as the rose." Isaiah 35:1

Hugs, Sharon

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...