This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Sunday, August 8, 2010

All good things must come to an end...

This is a picture of Hayden and his friend, Nick, taken in the summer of 2008 when they were both 14.

They had the idea to build an addition to the current fort in our backyard (click here to read the full story). After getting Dad's permission, they talked to some workmen that were building a house near by who told the boys that they could have all the wood they wanted from their scrap pile. 
I took the minivan over there and we loaded up on wood and the boys got to work! 



They were having so much fun and they worked very hard!

They not only had tons of fun, but they were creative and used problem-solving skills. Both of them were very proud of their work.  They were soooo cute


Well, as the title of this post states, all good things must come to an end.

Yep, it's two years later and that's Hayden dismantling the fort. :0(

Oh, it's not that sad...

...but it is bittersweet.

I know it's got to go.

No one has played in it for two years....

...and it is an eyesore.




I know that it's got to come down, but...

...it's just sad for me as a mother remembering the good old days of when my son was so little.

He worked really hard on tearing it down.

It actually went quicker than he thought.

I also think he thought it was kind of fun!



It only took him less than an hour to destroy something that took him and his buddy two days to make!

Mackenzie stopped by just to say hi and he heard all the banging so came to the back yard to see what was going on.

He watched Hayden for a bit and....

...he decided he would get in on the action. High-yah!

Wow, that's a big swing.....

There she blows!!!!

Oh, sad day.

It's all gone now.

Now all that's left is this big pile of wood that Hayden will take to the dump.....

...and a heart full of great memories!

I think I will use the same verse that I used on the post I wrote about them building the fort, it just seems perfect!

"Do you see the man skilled in his work? He will serve before kings." Proverbs 22:29a



Hugs, Sharon

3 comments:

. said...

great memories you hold dear. :o)
hm. could some of that wood be used as fire wood? :o)

Farrah said...

Aww! How bittersweet! Hugs Mama!

Sue said...

Sharon, you have the most wonderful family, I always enjoy stopping by for a visit, what a blessing.
Sue

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...