This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Saturday, July 24, 2010

World's most delicious blueberry cobbler!

Even if I do say so myself, I make one delicious berry cobbler! Actually, it has nothing to me, but it has everything to do with my recipe, which I am about to share with you!
As I mentioned before, we have fresh blue berries growing in our yard.
I picked a bunch and decided to make a blueberry cobbler with them!
Oh yum!
Don't they look gorgeous!
They are perfectly ripe, bursting with color and flavor!
Okay, here's the recipe! I don't even remember where I got it, but it might have been from the side of a Jiffy Baking Mix box.
First you take 4 cups of berries that have been de-stemed and washed. You can use any type of berry, but I prefer blueberries or raspberries.
Get 1 cup of sugar...
...and pour it over the berries.
Stir...
...until the berries are completely coated with sugar and let them set.
In a separate bowl mix 1-1/2 cups of Jiffy baking mix
...with 1/2 cup of milk
...1 egg and 3 tablespoons of melted butter and 1/2 cup of sugar.
Stir....
....until completely mixed.
Pour the sugared berries into a well greased 13x9 pan.
Spoon the dough mix over the berries...
...until mostly, but not completely covered.
Sprinkle with sugar.
Bake for 15 minutes at 400 degrees, then reduce heat to 350 degrees for 10 more minutes.
Oh my goodness, it is sooooo delicious!
You should try it the next time you have a family gathering and I bet it will be a huge it! I think the secret to this recipe is the sugar in the biscuit topping. It is soooo good!

"And they gave him a piece of a cake of figs, and two clusters of raisins: and when he had eaten, his spirit came again to him: for he had eaten no bread, nor drunk any water, three days and three nights." I Samuel 30:12

Hugs, Sharon

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...