This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Walton Family Reunion!

We're heading to the annual Walton family reunion! Hey, there's Wayne and Anna's house, we're here! I always look so forward to these reunions. It is so wonderful to see all of the family. Their farm house is so beautiful! Let's head on back to the barn where the party is!!! Here's our host and hostess, my cousin Anna and her hubby, Wayne. Here's my father, Leonard with his sister Josephine. My Dad is the third child out of nine Walton kids. They were raised in a little tiny logging town. Their parents, Harry and Ethel worked so hard for everything they had. Grandpa worked at the local timber mill and Grandma worked so hard taking care of their large family. They were dirt poor, but they were happy! Wayne, Eric and Mackenzie visiting a little. Oops, it looks like I caught Mackenzie with his eye's shut! My cousin Lori, my niece Whitney and my sister Kelli. Wayne talking with my daughter-in-law, Brittany. Mackenzie and Brittany. Me and Hayden. I look a little shop worn because I had just gotten back from my Bag Lady trip! I drove several hours to get home from my trip with the girls and then as soon as I got home Eric, Hayden and I jumped in the car and we went directly to the family reunion. It was crazy, but worth it!!! Anna, Whitney and Kelli. Anna was giving us a tour of their gorgeous home. Anna, Whitney and me. We had a table full of old albums, photos and other memorabilia. It is so fun to look through all of the old pictures and hear the old stories. Tomorrow I'll be sharing more of these pictures. Time to eat!!! The food was delicious! My cousin Lori ordered this darling cake that represents a park we always used to have the reunions at about 40 years ago. Lots of good memories were made there! It is so fun to go to these reunions and catch up with everyone! This barn is such a great meeting place! Me with my wonderful Aunt Jo. She's an amazing woman. She still golfs and bowls! She often bowls in the high 180's and 190s! I went out side to check out the chickens! Aren't they lovely ladies! I found my cousin's little granddaughter out there playing. Isn't she a beautiful little girl! Two more beauties, Mother and daughter, Kelli and Whitney. Mackenzie talking with my cousin's boy Tyler. They found out they have a lot in common with multi-media and computer graphics. My pretty cousin Lori and me. My Daddy taking a picture of Hayden. Grayson and Grandpa having a deep discussion. My awesome Dad with my awesome boys!
Anna with her baby grandson. He conked out! :0) Eric and Wayne visiting and looking out at the property. Me with my darling hubby. Me with my two lovely sisters. Well, all the pie's gone and it's time for the 2010 Walton family reunion to come to an end. It sure was a good time and we all look forward to seeing each other next summer for another gathering! When it's all said and done, the most important things in life are God and family!

"Tell it to your children, and let your children tell it to their children, and their children to the next generation." Joel 1:3

Hugs, Sharon

1 comment:

Sue said...

Oh! how right you are, God and family is what matters most! What a beautiful post.
Sue

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...