This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Summer camp!!!!

It's time for summer camp! Hayden's all packed and ready and just waiting for his ride.
We just love the church camp he goes to. All four of our sons have gone to this amazing camp and they always come back home with a deeper relationship with God.
For us, it costs a lot of money, but my husband and I thought it was well worth it to compliment the teaching that we do throughout the year with them and give them a little spark to rekindle their fire for the Lord. They always come back from this camp so excited about God!

It's far away, so we carpooled with one of his buddy's family. They drove the kids up and Eric and I will pick them up and bring them home.
So a week later Eric and I headed out nice and early and drove the couple of hours to go pick him up. They changed the rules this time and, for security reasons, they had the parents pick the kids up at a near by school. They had all the kids sleeping bags and backpacks lined up for them to get when they got off the bus.
All of the sudden the buses came rumbling in and a ton of teenagers jumped off them. I finally spotted Hayden and gave him a huge hug and kiss! He looked so happy!
Oh boy is it good to see him again! I really missed my boy!
He was busy saying goodbye to all his buddies and exchanging emails and phone numbers.
Here's a group of guys from Hayden's cabin. They are all kids from his youth group and I am so happy that he has so many neat Christian friends!
I love the ride home, this is where he tells us all about his time at camp and mainly his experience with Lord and what he learned. I LOVE it! I am so thankful that all four of my sons got to have this experience from 7th grade until 12th grade. I know that this helped them stay strong in the Lord! Now it looks like he's zonked out though from the lack of sleep he got! Sweet dreams Hayden!

"Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it." Proverbs 22:6

Hugs, Sharon

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...