This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

My how our garden has grown!

It's been a few weeks, so I thought I'd update you on how our garden is growing! It looks like we have a Blue Jay visiting us, more than likely to steal our blueberries from the plants behind him! Shooo Mr. Jay! Those are mine!
Oh yum!
They look ready for pick'n!
One for the bucket, two for me, one for the bucket, two for me! Hee hee!
Wow, they are perfect! I know what I'm going to do with these; I'm going to make a delicious Blueberry Cobbler!
Hey, there's Eric watering the garden!
The garden has grown quite a bit!
It takes a lot of TLC, but it's so worth it!!!
Wow, the pumpkin, zucchini and cucumbers are growing nicely!
The tomato plants are getting really big!
Everything looks so pretty!
The corn is sure coming up nicely too!
Here's a volunteer sunflower coming up! Many years ago Eric planted them around the perimeter of the garden and every year since then we always get tons of volunteers all over the garden. It's really fun to find them. Eric usually ends up transplanted them to the border of the garden, but sometimes he leaves them. The birds sure do enjoy them!
Blondie has a good idea and she's getting cooled off in the shade under the grape arbor! I can't believe how they have grown! At the beginning of summer I pruned them way back and now they are growing like crazy. Unfortunately, these are not good eating grapes as they are very sour, they must be wine grapes. I would love to find a good recipe to use them in, do any of you have any good ideas for me? What a beautiful Gladiola! These are one of my favorite types of flowers, I think they are so pretty and old fashioned looking.
The Petunias are growing marvelously!
The flowers on the deck are continuing to grow and get big too!
Oh how I love summer!
I'm with Blondie, it's so nice to be able to sit and relax in the shade on a hot summer afternoon and look all around at the beautiful yard and garden! I hope all of you have a wonderful weekend!

"Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ has forgiven you." Ephesians 4:32

Hugs, Sharon

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...