This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Monday, July 5, 2010

Food, fun and fireworks!!!

The sun is going down and it will be dark soon so we can watch the city fireworks! All our kids came to our house for a barbecue before the show. The kids first went out to the front yard to play on the bikes, play with the dog and light a few fireworks early!
Grayson and Cameron goofing around.
Mackenzie being silly!
I love this picture with the sun streaming through.
Brittany lighting a firecrackers.
Brittany sitting on their new truck.
Mackenzie and Brittany.
Eric barbecued steak and I made potato salad and corn on the cob! Yum!!!
Rachelle helped me make a delicious strawberry lemonade!
For dessert we're having homemade ice cream with fresh strawberry sauce! Here's Mackenzie and Grayson getting the homemade ice cream maker going!
Mackenzie's telling Hayden some funny story!
It looks like it must have been funny because Hayden's cracking up!
Mackenzie and Brittany. I love her silly pose.
Eric telling us all a joke.
Looks like it was funny!
Time to eat!
Now let me and Cameron get in the picture!
Mmmmm! What a delicious dinner!
Now it's time to eat that homemade ice cream!
We have fresh strawberry sauce that Brittany and I made yesterday while we were making the jam! It is soooo good!
You just mash your strawberries and add sugar to taste (lots of sugar!). It is so delicious, especially on homemade vanilla ice cream!
Mackenzie's friend Colin, his wife, Amy and their darling baby Caden stopped by for ice cream. Eric was giving Caden a taste while Blondie was wishing and praying it was for her! I love this picture because it gives me a glimpse of what Eric will be like as a grandpa some day!
The sun has finally gone down, so we jumped on our bikes and road them down to the grade school to watch the fireworks show!
It was so much fun all riding our bikes down there together on a hot summer night!
Again, in our small town, this is the place to be on the 4th of July! It seemed like the whole city was there to watch fireworks! It's really crowded and really fun! Here's Rachelle, Grayson, Cameron, Brittany and Eric waiting for the show to start.
Ohhhh!
Mackenzie, Grayson and Rachelle watching the sky!
Auhhhh!!!
Eric loves fireworks.
God bless America!
This was little Cayden's first time ever seeing fireworks and he really liked them!
They were so beautiful!
Me and my honey curled up watching the show!
Brittany, Mackenzie, Grayson and Rachelle all decided that it's much better to watch while laying down!
God Bless America,
Land that I love.
Stand beside her and guide her
Thru the night with a light from above.
From the mountains,
to the prairies,
to the oceans with white foam
God bless America
my home, sweet home!
After the show we rode our bikes back home and had our own little show!
I bought a big box of fireworks for all the boys to play with just like they did when they were little!
And play they did!
Brittany and I having fun watching!
They were like little kids again!
Hayden's playing with fire!
Brittany's trying it now!
Eric, Blondie and Rachelle sitting on the driveway watching the boys.
Fun times!
Grayson and Rachelle.
For over the counter fireworks, they were pretty good!
We had a nice little show!
I love this picture!
Well that's the end of it! Whew! What a fun and busy day we had! I am so thankful to live in a small town in America! We are truly blessed!
The next day I found this mess out in front of our house. It's kind of sad so know it's all over, but we sure did have fun. I quickly threw this all in the garbage and went on with the new day.

"For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another." Galations 5:13

Hugs, Sharon

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...