This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Sunday, July 4, 2010

Celebrating the 4th of July!!!

Here we all are sitting on the side of the road waiting for the 4th of July parade to start here in our little town! We were blessed with a gorgeous sunny day!
Me with my wonderful husband, Eric.
My father-in-law, Jim and my mother-in-law, Alice. Alice is so cute, she always gets into the holidays. I love her little stars and stripes sneakers!
Mackenzie and Brittany. I love her patriotic blue sundress!
I love our parade!
It is very home-town!
It's also very old-fashioned!
And wholesome!
Hey, who's that pretty cheerleader walking by in the parade, why it's Grayson's girlfriend, Rachelle!
The doctor's office where I work entered a float in the parade and my plan was to sit with my family for half the parade and then jump on the work float when he came by. So there I am waving on our office float!
I have never been in a parade before and it was so much fun! It was especially fun being on a fire truck!!!
Here I am with Michele, the nurse practitioner at my office.
There were so many people there watching!!!
Here's my office buddy, Sarah, whom I sit next to every day at work, with her three kids, Carlos, Leanna and Christian.
I was pretending I was a parade princess! haha!
It was so fun to wave at everybody, but I didn't do the traditional "Princess Wave" haha!
After the parade was over, I ran back over to where the family was sitting and we all walked to the park where there's a party going on! Here's Eric and his mother walking to the park.
It's so much fun there! They even had a band playing!
Alice and Brittany.
Brittany, me and Alice.
The cheerleading squad had a face painting booth for the kids. Here's Rachelle painting a little girls face.
This is the place to be! Everyone from town is here! It's so much fun to just walk around and run into friends and family and talk! Here's Hayden talking with some school friends.
Mackenzie and Brittany.
Mackenzie and his best friend, Colin.
Brittany with Alisha and Amy.
Colin with his baby, Caden, Chris, Eric and his baby Silas and Mackenzie.
Eric and I picked up some lunch there, here's Eric ordering our delicious Mexican food.
It's so old-fashioned and fun! I just love our little town!!!
All throughout the day they had kinds of different entertainment from magicians and jugglers to rock and roll bands. It was great!
Grayson and Rachelle.
I saw Grayson and Rachelle sitting on the edge of this flower bed and thought they looked so cute, so I snapped a picture.
After spending several hours at the park, our family all went different directions. My husband and I went over to a friend's house who was hosting a party.
She had all kinds of cute patriotic decorations and great food!
Here's a yummy chocholate fountain!
Someone made this darling American flag out of frosted Rice Krispy squares!
After the party we went back home to our place and met our kids there for a family barbecue and to watch the fireworks. I'll be sharing our 4th of July evening with you tomorrow!

"It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery." Galations 5:1

Hugs, Sharon

2 comments:

Cottage Contessa said...

Hi Sharon sweetie! So happy to see you blogging again. I have been enjoying catching up with your 2010 posts and your lovely family. July 4th looks like it was a wonderful day!

Wishing you a great week!
Amanda(aka Cottage Contessa)
The Country House blog (my new blog)

Erin said...

Looks like fun! A little bit of Mayberry!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...