This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Bag Lady Trip!!!

I'm all packed and ready to go!!! I'm just waiting for the girls go come and pick me up!
Not just any girls, but the BAG Ladies! Here we are loading up the car.
We planned a three night trip away together at a beautiful resort! We have done this trip for about 7 years now and it is soooo much fun! We all met many years ago at a ladies retreat through our church. We all hit it off and started thrift store shopping together and decided we wanted to go out of town for a get away and thrift store shopping. We named ourselves the BAG Ladies which stands for Bargains At Goodwill!
On the way to the resort we stopped at this neat place that is full of metal art work.
We drove for a couple of hours and when we finally got to our destination, the first thing we did was stop at Goodwill!
Here's Virginia and I shopping.
Uh oh, girl fight! We're fighting over this sweater! Haha!
Here we all are posing in front of the Goodwill store.
Here's the house we rented!!!!
After we unpacked we all went out on the back patio to relax! We eat all of our meals in and take turns cooking. The first night though, we bought take and bake pizza!
I saw all of our handbags sitting on the counter and I thought that would be a great picture for the BAG Ladies!
The next morning we had a lovely breakfast out on the patio.
This trip is nothing but, fun, fun, fun!
We went to the little town for some shopping.
Kathleen's making dinner!
Just sitting around and relaxing.
Virginia and I working on our BAG Lady scrapbook.
Time to eat! Kathleen made a wonderful meal of chicken, pasta, salad and bread.
Cheers!
I love these girls! We all get so silly when we are together. We decided to go for a walk and we staged this picture!
Then we got the brilliant idea to pose like Charlie's Angels!
Don't hate us because we're beautiful! haha!
The next morning Brenda made breakfast!
Mmmm!
She made delicious omelets!
We planned on going garage-saleing, but we didn't plan to all wear purple! It was such a funny coincidence that four of us wore purple that day!
I love my BAG Ladies!
Posing with our garage sale finds in the middle of a neighborhood sale!
I was in charge of lunch on this day, so I packed a delicious picnic of sandwiches, fresh fruits, chips and cookies. We found a beautiful park to stop and eat at.
After lunch we found this fabulous huge church sale!!!!
We had so much fun there and we all found treasures.
Virginia made the most delicious roast for dinner.
She had it slow cooking all day on the stove, so when we got home it was ready and the house smelled so good!
One of our traditions is that we all buy a new special glass to drink out of over the whole weekend. Mine is the ruby and crystal one on the far right.
We love to relax in the hot-tub!
Well, our fun trip is over and it's time to head home. We posed one last time in front of the house.
Eileen going all "gangsta" on us! haha!
Thanks to Brenda for driving all of us safely!
Eileen and Lori excited to get home!
We had so much fun! I love these trips for many reasons, of course to be with the ladies, but also to take a realaxing break from my regular life, but also, when I'm away, I always come back home rejuvinated and so appreciative of my husband, kids and home!

"A friend loves at all times." Proverbs 17:7a

Hugs, Sharon

2 comments:

Mardell said...

Hi Sharon!
It's so good to see you again. I haven't been to bloggy land in so long. I've missed you! Your trip looked like so much fun. You are all so fortunate to be able to do this. What a fun tradition. Love the Charlie's Angels poses! LOL You'll have to let us know what treasures you found.

Love-n-hugs,
Mardell
PS: I'll be back soon to visit. I didn't know that you were blogging again! Yay! :o)

Judy said...

What a fun trip to do, and to be able to rent a whole house. It looks so beautiful and roomy for you ladies. I enjoyed reading about your trip and the fun things you did.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...