This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Saturday, May 22, 2010

This is a steamy post!

I just thought I'd throw this post in for an element of reality in my world here at Rose of Sharon! lol! Let me tell ya, life is not all a bed of roses here at the Garden! ha!
Can you guess what's going on?
We stacked up all our smaller furniture up on larger furniture and moved some pieces out of the rooms because......
....it's time to steam clean the carpets! I know this is boring, but this is a diary of my life, so we gotta show the bad with the good! haha! We rented a steam rug vacuum from the local grocery store and it did a great job for us and was worth the price for sure!
This is me. I'm the spot scrubber. I take my work very seriously! Haha!
How come I always get the grunt work?
Why does he always get to operate the heavy machinery? Haha!
Probably because he's good at it!
I really don't mind. I am actually so happy that he's doing this for me!
Our carpets were so dirty.
I don't even want to show you the next picture.
but this is the ugly truth.....
....and it's gross! This water was clear and soapy when it was forced down into the carpet and when it was sucked back up by the vacuum, it was this horrible dirty-brown color! Oh well, this is what happens when you have a large family dominated by men and you are raising a little puppy! (and the truth is you haven't had the carpets cleaned in over a year!)
Oh, that is so much nicer! It looks so nice and clean and smells good too! Now we just have to wait for it to dry. It's hard living this glamorous life all the time, but someone's gotta do it!

Hope you all are having a great day!

"Create in me a clean heart, Oh God, and renew a right spirit within me." Psalm 51:10

Hugs, Sharon

3 comments:

Shelley said...

I so need to clean my carpet....part of Spring cleaning I guess :)...bet,you have fun putting it all back together....thanks for sharing the good,the bad and the ugly with us :) Just kidding....blessings

redsockmama said...

Steamy? Woman you are too funny!

I L-O-V-E spring cleaning even though I get to bed so tired I say my prayers standing up...on my knees, I'd have to call the rescue squad to get me back on my feet!

It's so wonderful when all your closets, cupboards and drawers are organized, windows sparkling, useful things donated and I have my feet up, enjoying a cup of coffee!

I'm so glad you are back, I missed you. Guess I should start blogging again.

God bless you,
Jan

Rita said...

Doesn't good clean carpet smell good? It feels so great to know that it is all done too! Have fun putting it all back together. That is the hard part!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...