This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Summer ball!

Hayden was asked to play summer basketball this June and wow, it has been busy!!!!
They have 30 games in 30 days!
It has been a crazy schedule, but also really fun!
They didn't have one game every day, but rather two or three games in one day over the period of the month.
I like this picture of him, he just made a basket and you can see the other boys going up for the rebound.
I went to a lot of games!!!
Both Eric and I tried to go to every game together, but because of Eric's job he missed a few. If one of us couldn't make it the other one would, so he always had a fan there! It's important to us that our kids know that we are there for them!
He's really fun to watch! He's very quick and wiry, and a bit of a daredevil!
I sat on those bleachers so much I thought I'd get splinters!
I loved it though.
We had a lot of one on one, mother and son time.
Sometimes the schedules were so tight that we'd have two games in the morning and have to grab a quick bite to eat in the car and then go back for a third game!
It was a great time to just hang out with Hayden!
I know this schedule was nuts, but I loved every minute of it!
Our days of watching his ball games (actually any ball games since all of our other sons are grown and done playing ball) are coming to an end and I don't want to miss any!
He's going to be a junior next year and he's growing up quickly.
The Lord has blessed us with four amazing sons and I love every single one of them so very much. I love to spend time with all of my kids and I'm so proud of all of them.
Hayden is our "baby" and I have been so aware that I'm getting older and more tired as I mother him, but I want to make sure that he gets just as much love and attention as our older sons got when I was a more youthful and energetic Mom! Eric and I both are committed to being supportive to all of our sons and we want to make sure that just because three out of four of our sons are raised and Hayden's almost 17 that we don't just move on ahead into the "empty nest syndrome" and forget about him. Not that I ever would, it's hard to explain, I hope you know what I'm saying. Anyway, I am very happy to show support to him in anyway and especially things like this!

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come." II Corinthians 5:17

Hugs, Sharon

2 comments:

jAne said...

your thrill of the moment is precious, sharon. it inspires me to go that extra distance. :o)

jAne

Jan Parrish said...

I love your warmth and caring. These boys are blessed to have such a good mom!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...