This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Friday, March 18, 2011

St. Patrick Day Celebration!

Top o the morn'n to ya!
Haha! I just wanted to share with you our St. Patrick's day decorations and tell you about our St. Patty's day feast!
Here's my little St. Patty display on the kitchen bookshelf.
I like how it turned out. I bought a clover plant this year! Isn't it great!
It looks cute at night with the candle lit.
I love this little clover covered votive holder that I found.
This little leprechaun found some gold!
I tucked these darling lad and lassie cardboard cutouts to my windowsill display and added some green votives.
I framed this reproduction vintage postcard of a raven haired lass with her dog in a faux emerald encrusted frame.
Here are some cute/creepy leprechauns!
He's a new find from Goodwill. He's cute and creepy all in one!
This was an easy decoration. I simply glued this faux emerald clover on a green pillar candle and set it inside a mini green wreath.
On March 17th, St. Patrick's Day, all the kids came over for a big Irish feast! I used all my green dishes. We had fun! I had each couple (Mackenzie & Brittany, Cameron & Megan and Grayson & Rachelle) make a special Irish dish. Cameron and Megan made the appetizers. They tried a new authentic Irish recipe...parsnip fries.
 They sliced them, sprayed them with olive oil, and rolled them in flour and Parmesan cheese. We served them with ranch dressing that we dyed green. They actually tasted very good!
I made Irish potato soup!
Mmmm! It was delicious!
We had green Kool-Aid punch to drink.
Brittany made wonderful Irish potato rolls. They were so good!
It was fun using all of the green dishes. I'm going to be on the hunt for more green serving pieces at thrift stores!
I also found some cute St. Patty's Day napkins.
Mmmm! We had a wonderful meal! Hey, I just noticed, you can see Mackenzie sitting in the background of this picture and he's wearing a lucky four leaf clover t-shirt!
For dessert, Grayson and Rachelle made the most delicious Irish apple/caramel cake. 

We had such a fun time! This actually was easy to do since I delegated one dish for each couple. We all had fun researching and making the recipes. 

Happy St. Patricks Day everyone!

"The Lord will give strength unto his people; the Lord will bless his people with peace." Psalms 29:11

Hugs, Sharon

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...