This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Spring break with Kathi....

It's Spring break and a tradition of mine for many years has been to pack up all the kids and go visit my sister and her family.
So, naturally, that is what I did this year, but sadly, boo-hoo, I am all alone. The older three boys are all grown up and two of them have moved out and Grayson works full time, so it's just Hayden that could have gone with me, but he had to work.
But, I decided to go to Kathi's anyway and I had a blast! When I got to their farm, she had a delicious meal waiting for me of pasta, fresh veggies and garlic bread!
Then we went into her secret lair! haha!
Its not really secret, but it is awesome!!!
It's a little closet nook that she turned into her office. She calls it her "Mom Cave" instead of "Man Cave" haha!
We had so much fun looking at all of her fantastic vintage cookbooks!
I was drooling!
We both love, love, love vintage cookbooks. We actually think we have a little bit of a sickness!
We have so much fun thumbing through them and looking at the old pictures and recipes.
She's got some amazing books that I'd love to find one day at a thrift store. I love this one called Clementine in the Kitchen. Isn't the jacket adorable!
Here's a really cute one that's illustrated by Tasha Tudor!
I love her mom cave!!!
I also love this shelf that she has hanging in the her hallway going into the dining room.
This sign is so adorable!
We were just hanging around talking when Kathi's daughter, Victoria and her boyfriend walked in. Aren't they cute together!
After we were settled in a bit I gave Kathi her birthday gifts. I found her a bunch of small things including a couple of Desert Rose dishes, a bottle of wine and a couple of cookbooks.
Note to self: Don't leave camera unattended at Kathi's! Haha! Victoria got hold of it and when I got back home and uploaded my photos I found these funny pictures...Braces!
"Sad Face"
"Happy couple"
When I came downstairs the next morning Kathi was busy at the stove cooking.
She made delicious pancakes with fresh strawberry sauce! Yummm!
Stacey and Victoria are enjoying their's!
Later Kathi and her other daughter, Jessica and I went thrifting and out to lunch.
We had a good lunch at Quiznos.
Thrifting is always so much fun and it's our tradition! Check out my fabo toil pillow!!! Love!!!
It's fun because Jessica likes to thrift too!
On the way home Kathi wanted to show me this darling house.
Oh my goodness! I"m in love!
It's adorable with the green paint and red roof. I love all the roof lines, it looks like it's out of a fairytale!
So even though this was the first time I stayed with Kathi during Spring break without any kids, I still had a ton of fun. I love my sister. Every time I leave her house I feel inspired and energized!

" And we know that all things work together for good, for them that love God and are called according to His purpose." Romans 8:28

Hugs, Sharon

1 comment:

Kathi said...

Sharon, That was so much fun! It seems like just a couple of months ago. I love it when you come to stay with me and vise versa. I love you dear sister. Kathi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...