This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Friday, June 4, 2010

A special lunch for my friend...

The other day I had a special friend over for lunch. Michele and I have been trying to get together for quite sometime, so we finally just picked a date and I invited her over for lunch.
I wanted to make it special for her, so I set the dining room table with my fancy things!
I used the beautiful Johnson Brother's Rose Chintz china that I received from my husbands grandmother, Alberta, as well as my pretty ruby goblets and other pretty dishes and serving pieces. I also lit the candles!
Michele was working that day, so I made a quick and easy lunch and had it all ready for her when she arrived. I wanted her to feel pampered and special!
I made delicious turkey and veggie sandwiches.
These were actually quite simple to make and are so very delicious:

Two pieces of multi grain bread,
A little mayo and mustard
Thinly sliced turkey
Swiss cheese
lettuce
Sliced cucumbers
Sliced tomatoes
Sliced mushrooms
We had peach flavored iced tea, Cheez-Its and grapes.
You know, times like this don't just happen, you've got to make them happen! I don't want to be a person who always says, "You should come over for lunch" and never really do it! I want to be a woman of my word! I really do love to do this for people too!
Michele and I talked and ate, and had a great time together.
And after lunch I served these special LU Le Petit E'Colier cookies for dessert! Oh my goodness, they are so delicious!
I'm so thankful for my friends and so thankful that I get the opportunities to bless them with a meal! It was a great afternoon!

I really feel called by the Lord to hospitable. I humbly feel that He has given me the spiritual gift of hospitality, although, I am not completely sure of myself and do not have a lot of confidence in this area. I also feel that I don't do it enough. I really like the idea, but I am a bit reluctant! While I have entertained pretty much since I was first married, I think this is an area of my life that will definitely expand when my children are all grown and gone.

"A friend loves at all times." Proverbs 17:17a

Hugs, Sharon

4 comments:

Jan Parrish said...

What a treat that must of been for her. You are a blessing to so many.

Rita said...

Aren't friends wonderful? It is always such a pleasure to sit down to a meal and talk over old times! You had a lovely table and a wonderful spread for her!

Sue said...

You have shown your gift of hospitality, very well Sharon. Everything looks so pretty, and I know Michele felt very special.
Enjoy your evening.
Sue

Randi Jo :) said...

aww that's soo sweet. she must have felt soo pampered & so special. It looks so much better than any restaurant you could go to!

I can't believe that even you are a little intimidated by hospitality and have to work at it. I can't believe you don't have confidence in this area! You always seem like such a natural. Glad to see it's something many women battle. I thought it was something you probably did all the time! :) Thanks for sharing your life. It really is a sweet life you seem to have and I enjoy following your posts. Really inspires me in the role of mom & wife... I know that it must feel like just yesterday the boys were little. I have a 4 year old boy going to kindergarten in the fall (booohoooo) and a 1 year old little girl.

Your boys seem so sweet & happy & that they love & respect you.... I pray we have such a loving family that loves to still be together even after they've "left the house"

enough rambling :) take care

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...