This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Our little fire pit...

We made a fire pit!
Well, actually, it started out to be a pond, but we kind of lost interested in that, so we turned it into a fire pit.
This is the first time we've had a fire in it!
Eric had some brush and old boards to burn, so he had Hayden and his friend Dan help him make a big bonfire.
After Eric helped them make the fire, we went inside and left the boys to tend to it.
What a perfect thing for two teenage boys and a dog do on a hot summer night!
Blondie staying warm by the fire!
"The most tangible of all visible mysteries - fire."
~Leigh Hunt
They were so cute out there!
"Don't let your dreams go up in smoke - practice fire safety."
~Author Unknown
"To poke a wood fire is more solid enjoyment
than almost anything else in the world."
~Charles Dudley Warner
I kept going outside to check on them and one time this is what I found! I thought it was so funny, they were both checking their cell phones!
Isn't it beautiful!
Best friends on a summer night in front of a bonfire....priceless!

"You are my lamp, Oh Lord; the Lord turns my darkness into light." II Samuel 22:29

Hugs, Sharon

3 comments:

jAne said...

this is awesome!
i can imagine many a family evening or group of folks playing guitar and laughing.we have a metal fire pit thingy on our patio which has awarded us sweet times. :o)

had to chuckle over the cell phones in use. ;o)

Mumzie said...

What a great family gathering place. Love the pond to firepit idea...looks warm and cozy. We have a little portable one, which is great for our monthly family night dinner get together. Smoores and more! Mumzie

Kathi said...

I somehow missed this post, Sharon. I love your fire pit!! What a great idea! I can't wait to see it for real. love you, Kathi

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...