This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Friday, June 25, 2010

My Kitchen Prayer

God bless my little kitchen,
I love it's every nook,
And bless me as I do my work,
Wash pans and pots, and cook.
And May the meals that I prepare
Be seasoned from above
With Thy great blessing and Thy grace,
But most of all Thy love.
As we partake of earthly food,
The table before us spread...
We'll not forget to thank the Lord
Who gives us daily bread.
So bless my little kitchen, God,
And those who enter in...
May they find naught but joy and peace
And happiness therein.
~Anonymous

"The wise woman builds her house,
but with her own hands
the foolish one tears hers down."
Proverbs 14:1

Love, Sharon

7 comments:

Mumzie said...

I love your kitchen and your prayer! Thanks for sharing today, and that rooster on your counter is gorgeous...I need one like him in my kitchen. Have a great weekend Sharon. Hugs, Mumzie

heartfelt living said...

What a lovely prayer. I would love to have this framed in my kitchen!
Thank you for sharing.
~Karen

Sue said...

Loved the kitchen prayer, Sharon, and your kitchen is so inviting, and that rooster I still have my eye on. He looks like he owns it.
Enjoy your weekend.
Sue

adsgram said...

My best friend got another kitchen prayer at her wedding shower, and she still has the plaque in her kitchen 35 years later. It reads:

"Thank God for dirty dishes
They have a tale to tell.
While others may go hungry,
We're eating very well..
Thank you, Lord!"

I have always loved it esp. when we were young working brides and had NO interest in doing dishes after a day at work...LOL!

Lynne

adsgram said...

I knew that as soon as I wrote that that it just didn't sound right...it goes:

"Thank God for dirty dishes
They have a tale to tell.
For by this stack of evidence
We're eating very well..
Thank you, Lord!"

My friend lives in OR and I am back in NH and it got a little fuzzyy in this old noggin', I think...LOL!!
Have a great week!

Lynne ♥♥

Rose of Sharon said...

Hi Lynne, I love both versions! :0) Thanks for sharing!

Jan Parrish said...

What a great prayer for the heart of the home.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...