This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Mom's Taxi Service closing...sniff...

This is Hayden. Hayden is happy. This is the last day of school. See Hayden drive.
This is mother. Mother has wet hair. Mother is getting in the car. Mother has coffee.
Mother and Hayden. Hayden is driving to school. Hayden only has his permit so mother has to ride along with him.
Drive Hayden, Drive.
This is a sad day for Mother. This is also a happy day for mother. Mother realizes that after driving her children to school for 21 years this will be her last trip. You see, Hayden has his permit and will more than likely get his license this summer, so when school starts up again next year, he will be driving himself. Mother is sad. Mother is happy.
Donuts. Hayden getting donuts. Hayden and Mom doing one more family tradition for the last time. Getting donuts on the way to school just because it's fun.
Hayden. See Hayden get out of the car.
Hayden walking into the school. Walk Hayden, walk.
Good-bye Hayden. Mother wishes Hayden a happy day. Mother loves Hayden. Mother then sits and ponders. Mother is sad at this moment. Mother is also happy.

Mother is sad because this season in her life is over. Mother has enjoyed taking her kids to school. Mother has many good memories from taking her children to school.

Mother is happy because she is proud her youngest son is growing up and will get his license. Mother is proud of all of her sons and how they have grown to be such responsible young men.
Van. See the red van. See mother with all of her children in the van on the way to school. The year was 2000. These were happy times. From left to right Mackenzie 16, Hayden 7, Grayson 10, Cameron 14 and mother 39. See a happy family. See them smile.

After 21 years, Mother's Taxi Service is closing. Mother is sad. Mother is also happy.

"To everything there is a season." Ecclesiastes 3:1a

Hugs, Sharon

3 comments:

Sue said...

Been there, done that! I can relate to the feelings of change.
Enjoy your day!
Sue

Farrah said...

Sharon, I'm sighing with you! You're such a good Mama.

susan said...

I'm so glad you're blogging again. I love to read...I understand totally what you are going through. I am ready for my next chapter to begin... I have 2 children 21 and 22 and neither one are dating. My youngest should be finishing college this summer. My oldest has been out for 1 1/2 years. I miss those days when their friends all came over. My "baby" is a chiwawa (misspelled) named Lucy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...