This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Fun with my sisters!

I am so blessed by my sisters! I have two of them, this is Kathi, she's the middle sister (Kelli's the oldest and I'm the baby).
I am so blessed that we are all best friends and that we live near each other! Kathi and I decided to meet for lunch and an afternoon of thrifting! We met for lunch at Applebee's and had a great visit.
Then off to the thrift stores we went! We both found fun treasures!
I was so excited when I found these fabo red transferware dishes made by Johnson Bros!
And the best part, they were only $1.59 each and all white tags were 50% off!!!
I came home and did the math. I bought six lunch plates and one dinner plate for only $5.77!!!
I found similar plates on Ebay for much more, anywhere from $8.00 to $12.00 for a single plate! I totally scored!
The series is called Coaching Scenes and they are just that.
Four different patterns of old fashioned coaches.
Kathi and I had a great day and it was such a bonus to get these beautiful dishes!
A few weeks later, my other sister, Kelli, and her son, Joseph, met me at a thrift store and then we went out to Taco Bell for lunch. We had a fun lunch. Joseph is a very sweet boy.
I am so happy to have such awesome sisters!
Kelli wanted to show me these awesome book that she found at a garage sale. It's called "The Good Housekeeping Housekeeping Book!"
It is full of marvelous pictures of 1950s housewives doing their chores. Here's a cute lady doing hanging her laundry.
And here's a busy wife ironing.
This lady is a fashion bug! The book also talks about dressing and grooming!
Of course there are pictures of a busy homemaker in her kitchen.
And this picture is so cute of this lady doing "man's work" out in the garage! I love her outfit with the big wide belt! So cute!!!
This last picture is so cute. It's moving day and she's packing her things into a large barrel! How cool is that, I don't know anyone who packs things away in barrels. I love it!
I am so blessed by my two sisters!

"Show me Your ways, O Lord; teach me Your paths. Guide me in Your truth and faithfulness and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; for You do I wait all the day long." Psalm 25: 4-5

Hugs, Sharon

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...