This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

First day of Summer!!!

Yesterday was the last day of school, so that makes today the first day of summer! Hayden invited his best buddy, Dan, over to spend the night.
They slept out on the trampoline, under the stars.
The sun finally popped out!
We have had so much rain this spring, so it is so great to finally actually see shadows in our yard!
Blondie was having fun chasing the little grasshoppers.
After breakfast Hayden and Dan played some hoops out in the sun on the trampoline.
I love to see them out there playing and having fun. I realize these days for me are going to be ending soon as he is my youngest and he's growing up fast. Whenever I'm home and Hayden and his buddies are out there playing, I try to get out there and sit in the garden and watch them and soak it all in.
I try to do fun and memorable things with my kids and their friends. Just little things that make life fun. I asked them if they would like to go out to lunch with me since it was the first day of summer, so we did! Hayden was kind enough to drive us! I don't do these things too often because I don't want them to become almost expected or taken for granted.
We went to our local little hot spot, The Spaceship Inn.
Hayden and Dan waiting for their food.
Mmmm! Yummy lunch!
As we were sitting there I said, "Right now you have three whole months of summer ahead of you, but just wait, before you know it, you guys will be ready to start school again. Make sure you appreciate every single day of summer because it will go by quickly!" They agreed with me and said they would! :0)
Time to head back home.....
...let summer begin!!!!

"Now learn a lesson from the fig tree. When its branches bud and its leaves begin to sprout, you know that summer is near." Matthew 13:28

Hugs, Sharon

1 comment:

Sue said...

Hi Sharon,
Great that you are creating these memories!

I tried the chat box on my blog, and got this weird comment from someone who had a business website, so I took it off, I didn't want to deal with people I didn't know especially off of the internet.
So If it is okay I will chat with you from time to time.
Enjoy your evening.
Sue

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...