This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Thursday, July 1, 2010

4th of July Decorations!

I wanted to share with you pictures of my 4th of July decorations. This is a rag swag that I made several years ago. It's made from scraps of red, white and blue fabric tied onto a piece of thick jute string. I also hung several cute 4th of July themed items, like stars and Uncle Sam, and anything that's patriotic looking. I have this hanging on the shelf above the family room couch.
I have a little display of wooden stars, a reproduction drum and a miniature birdhouse on the computer desk.
My windowsill has a few fun patriotic things too. I really like my little vintage books.
I love this miniature brass Liberty Bell.
Uncle Sam!
When I decorate for the different holidays I like to just tuck small things here and there to make my house festive.
Here's a peek at my little kitchen bookshelf and the dinning room.
Mr. Eagle is standing next to a patriotic cow and votive holder.
I simply placed two small flags in the centerpiece on our dining room table. It's amazing how this makes the whole room look festive!
I found these old red, white and blue cheer leading pom poms at a thrift store. I wish you can see them, they are really old and make of paper, not plastic. I think they are a really 4th of July touch!
In the powder room I have a cute liberty bunny, a red votive and a framed vintage postcard.
On the front porch I have a cute Betsy Ross flag pillow.
Flowers and flags, a perfect combination!
I like to tuck flags in a lot of places out on the porch, deck and in the yard.

It is a quick, cheap, easy and impressive way to show your affection for America!
Well, that's all of my Independence Day decorations! God Bless America!

"In Him and through faith in Him we may approach God with freedom and confidence." Ephesians 3:12

Hugs, Sharon

1 comment:

Shelley said...

Wonderful decorations...love that window frame with the quilt behind it...blessings

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...