This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Prayer room...

Last fall we switched churches and started attending the Church of the Nazarene in our community and we really like it. Since we started going, we have done so many new and fun things, like attending a marriage seminar, going to a progressive dinner and most recently I signed up for an hour to pray in the prayer room.
I signed up to go in on my day off from 9:00 am to 10:00 am.
I brought a few things with me that I thought I'd need.
I have a goodie bag full of things like my prayer journal, devotional books, pens, paper, highlighters, a worship CD and my Bible.
When I walked in the door it was just a simple little 10x10 room with a couch and some tables and there were lots of posters all over the walls. As soon as I walked in, I really felt the spirit of the Lord there!
I have never done anything like this before and it was so moving for me.
They have dry-erase boards on the walls, poster paper, and felt pens.
They encourage people to write their feelings for the Lord, prayer requests, praises and scriptures and post them on the walls.
I don't know how old these writings are, but I think they've been here for a few years.
I was so inspired by everything I read. Here is a poster where you can list people who do not know the Lord that you would like prayer for. Lord, I pray that everyone on this list will find you!
"Lord you are my Rock! I am a tree clinging to you for Life."
A prayer that someone wrote to remind them to give of themselves, money, possessions, time, talents and love with all who are in need.
This one is cute..."Your Love is Like Candy..."
"Let the Glory of the Lord SHINE!"
"Set me on FIRE"
A prayer for the economic crisis.
They even set out the elements for communion. After I spent most of my hour in prayer, praising God, reading my Bible and praying for my family, friends, community and our church, I decided to take communion.
"Do this in remembrance unto me" Luke 22:19b
Wow, how amazing to have communion just between me and God.
"Delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart!" Psalm 37:4

The scriptures say that Jesus went away to a dark room and prayed. I believe it is so important that we do the same. I try to get away by myself to spend time with God every day and I love that time, but going to the prayer room at church was just extra special. If you ever get a chance to sign up for time in the prayer room at your church, I encourage you to do it. It is so refreshing and renewing!

"But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly." Matthew 6:6

Here's the same scripture, but this version is from The Message translation. I really like it.

"Here's what I want you to do: Find a quiet, secluded place so you won't be tempted to role-play before God. Just be there as simply and honestly as you can manage. The focus will shift from you to God, and you will begin to sense his grace." Matthew 6:6

In Him ~ Sharon

1 comment:

Shelley said...

A beautiful post Sharon....its great to get alone with God in our quiet place.....love your church's Prayer room.....blessings and a belated B-D to your dear FIL.....Shelley

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...