This blog is simply the story about my little life
with my sweet family that the Lord has blessed me with
and the day in, day out things that we do.
It basically is my online diary/photo album of our life.
I'm glad you're here!
~~~o0o~~~

Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Light my fire!

I love our cozy living room, but there's one little problem.
I started noticing that when there is no fire in our fireplace it looks like a big black hole. I thought, surely there had to be a solution to this problem aside from making a real wood fire or spending hundreds of dollars on having natural gas piped in!
And then it came to me!
I simply placed three large jar candles on a silver tray on the firewood rack. I know people do this all the time, but for some reason, I never thought of it before!
It's so simple, quick and low cost, but very effective!
Awe, much improved, wouldn't you say?
It works great!
At first glance it looks like there's an actual fire burning! I love this simple idea! I also think now I am going to be on the look out for one of those brass fireplace fans or an old vintage fireplace screen to cover the black hole in the summertime.

"You, O Lord, keep my lamp burning; my God turns my darkness into light." Psalm 18:28

Hugs, Sharon

3 comments:

Rita said...

It looks very cozy! Enjoy both the light and the smell of the candles! I'm thankful the He is our light!

Shelley said...

Beautiful...blessings

Rosemary said...

Hi Sharon, I hope all is well with you and your family :) Looks like the boys are doing well!!
Megan is finally on the right track after her broken engagements. Shes away at college, living by herself in an apartment and doing a very good job of cooking for herself and keeping her home cute and cozy :) She just got a job in college station where she lives, and is boyfriend less! ha! Shes finally gonna fulfil a dream of trying out for a professional cheerleading team, the houston texans cheerleaders :) and next fall is transfering to a four year university :)
I'm glad you decided to keep blogging!! I don't get on blogs as much myself because i'm too busy on facebook! haha!
Rosemary

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...